The Journal of Law and Legal Studies (JLLS) is inviting submissions by way of a Call for Papers for its Volume I, Issue I, to be submitted by September 15, 2021.
About the Journal
Journal of Law and Legal Studies is an online bi-annual journal with a summer and winter edition. The Journal emphasizes creating an open-access platform to research around Socio-legal topics and promote interdisciplinary research entailing detailed study of law with other disciplines in the contemporary era.
Who can Submit?
All academicians, Research Scholars, Lawyers, and Law Students can submit original manuscripts of Articles, Book reviews, Case Comments, and Legislative Comments relating to a recent development in Law and Legal Studies.
Types Of Submissions Accepted
The Journal of Law and Legal Studies invites original, unpublished manuscripts from all academicians, authors, legal professionals, and Law students in the following categories:
- Long Articles (4000-7000 words, Excluding footnotes)
- Essays/Short Articles (2000-4000 words, Excluding footnotes)
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments (1200-2500 words)
- Long articles and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words.
- Up to two authors are allowed for all categories, except Case Notes and Legislative Comments wherein co-authorship is not permitted.
- All citations should conform to the Bluebook 20th Edition or ILI citation style and shall be placed in foot-notes.
- All works must be original and unpublished, and must not be pending for review before any other journal.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- While it is advisable to adhere to the word limits of each category, the journal may be flexible on the word limit depending on the quality of the article.
- The first page of the manuscript should contain the name of the paper, name of the authors and their institutional affiliation followed by a 200-word abstract.
- The second page should commence with the main body of the manuscript.
- The name of the authors and their institutional affiliation must be mentioned in the manuscript.
- Texts and footnotes should conform to the ILI citation style.
- The main body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman style, font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in Times New Roman Style, Size 10, with 1.0 line spacing.
- All headings must have uniform formatting.
- The manuscript in Word format (.doc or .docx) as an attachment. PDF/other formats/hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
- The body of the first page must mention:
- Name of the author(s)
- Contact number
- The academic year of the course pursued (if applicable)
- Qualifications (if applicable)
- Institutional affiliation
- Title of the paper
- The type of submission (Long Article, Essay/Short Article, Case note & Legislative Comment)
The guidelines for publication must be strictly followed. The guidelines for publication to Journal can be accessed here.
How to Submit?
Journal of Law and Legal Studies will only accept submissions through the google form link provided at the end of this post.
Submission for Volume I, Issue I will be accepted till September 15, 2021.
- No fee is being charged at any stage, viz. submission, processing or publication.
- No certificate of publication is issued however, the link of the publication will be shared with the selected authors.
- Upon submission, the manuscript shall be the property of JLLS. Henceforth, articles accepted for publication may be cross-published/republished. Such cross-publishing/republishing shall not require the prior consent of the author(s).
All correspondence and queries may be addressed to: email@example.com