The Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia in association with the National Commission for Women is organizing a two-day seminar on “Women and the Laws Relating to Property, Safety (Within the Household) and Reproductive Rights” on the 21st and 22nd of November 2015.
The seminar will gather eminent speakers and scholars from the legal fraternity.
Themes for paper presentation
1. Women’s safety within the family (parental and matrimonial Home)
2. Inheritance, succession and property rights of women
3. Access of Women to and Control of Rural Land in India
4. Succession of self-acquired property of women
5. Rights relating to Adoption
6. Digital crimes against women
7. Rights of women in a live-in relationship and laws relating thereto
Submission Guidelines for abstract
1. The abstract should not exceed 300 words and should be typed in Times News Roman with font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing.
2. Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors.
3. The abstract should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Abstract-JMI Women Seminar”.
4. The submission and presentation of final paper is subject to the selection of abstracts.
5. The abstract should be accompanied with a cover letter comprising of a brief profile of the author(s) :-
b. Title of the paper
d. Institution name and address
e. Address of correspondence
f. Contact details
Submission Guidelines for the paper
1. The paper should not be of more than 5000 words (including footnotes).
2. All submissions should be original and unpublished work of the authors.
3. It should be typed in Times News Roman with font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes should be typed in Times News Roman with font size 10 and single line spacing. The ILI citation format should be followed.
4. At least one of the authors should be present at the venue for presentation.
5. Maximum time for each presentation is 10 minutes.
6. Complete papers should be mailed to email@example.com with the subject “Final Paper – JMI Women Seminar”.
Registration and other details
Students and Research Scholars: Single Author Rs. 700, Co-Author Rs. 1500 (Joint Fees)
Faculty: Single Author Rs. 1000, Co-Author Rs. 1500 (Joint Fees)
Faculty (Attendees only): Rs. 1000
Professionals (Attendees only): Rs. 1000
1. The Demand Draft shall be payable at New Delhi and drawn in the favour of The Registrar, Jamia Millia Islamia.
2. The Demand Draft should be scanned and e-mailed along with a scanned copy of the Registration Form at the aforementioned e-mail address on or before 12th of November, 2015.
3. Participants are required to bring the hard copies of the Demand Draft, Registration Form, a printed copy of the Paper and a valid Identity Proof in the Seminar.
4. No Travelling Allowance shall be paid to the participants. However, accommodation will be provided on a first come first serve basis/on request.
5. Authors selected for paper presentation will be issued certificates.
6. The Attendees will be presented with Participation certificates.
The Seminar proceedings will be published in a Souvenir and the best papers from the seminar may be published in a book with an ISBN.
Last Date of Submission of Abstracts: 2nd November, 2015
Intimation of Acceptance of Abstracts: 5th November, 2015
Last Date of Submission of Scanned Copies of Demand Draft and Registration Forms: 12th November 2015
Last Date of Submission of Final Papers: 12th November, 2015
Date of the Seminar: 21st- 22nd November, 2015