Centre for Excellence in Criminal Law, ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad, in collaboration with Indian Society of Victimology is organising a Three Day International Conference on Legal Contours of Victimology: Theory and Practice from September 9 to 11 and is making a call for papers for the same.
About the Organisers
The ICFAI Law School, IFHE, Hyderabad is a significant segment of the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, a deemed to be University, and its programs are recognized by Bar Council of India. The ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad offers BBA. LL.B. (Hons.) and B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) integrated five-year programs, LL.M. Program in ADR, Corporate and Commercial Laws, Criminal Law and Tax Laws, Ph.D. Program (full time and part time) and Ten Certificate Courses in different contemporary law subjects.
The Centre for Excellence in Criminal Law was formed in January, 2020. The Centre for Excellence in Criminal Law forms the pedestal to create awareness about the forgotten issues concerning crime and criminal law. It is seeking to involve all stakeholders including professionals, academic and non-academic member and students to immerse them to undertake extensive research and allied activities for contributing towards various issues pertinent to the criminal justice system.
This conference is being organized in collaboration with the Indian Society of Victimology which was established in 1992 and was formally inaugurated by the eminent jurist Hon’ble Mr. Justice V. R. Krishna Iyer, Former Judge of the Supreme Court of India, in September 1992 through the efforts of the then Head of the Department Prof. K. Chockalingam in the University of Madras.
Knowledge Partners in this conference are Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, TISS (School of Law, Rights and Constitutional Governance) and Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirulnelvelli.
About the Conference
The Three Day International Conference on Legal Contours of Victimology: Theory and Practice organized by the Centre for Excellence in Criminal Law, ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad, in collaboration with Indian Society of Victimology is an attempt to provide a platform for meaningful interaction in the field of victimology, more so with regard to victim rights and victim justice in the administration of the criminal justice system.
This conference aims to bring together discussions on various aspects of the subject of victimology. Further, the event is aiming to amalgamate theory and practice in the field of victimology.
About the Call for Papers
The objective of this three days international conference is to assemble different actors and academicians, including scholars conducting research in the said field to give rise to sound deliberations on the subject in the study of victimology in the criminal justice system. Hence, ICFAI Law School is making a call for papers for the conference on contours on victimology.
- Jurisprudential Facets and Legal Framework
- Realities and Visions of Victimology
- Gender Based Victimization
- Digital Victimization
- Emerging Trends and Practical Challenges
- Legal responses to Victimization
- Victimization and Victims’ rights
- Victims and Restorative Justice
- Victim participation in Criminal Justice System
- Global Dimensions of Victimology
- Violence and Victims
- Victimization of Vulnerable groups and Indigenous people
- Socio-psycho and legal implications of Victimology
- Positive and Radical Victimization
- Forensic Victimology
- Gender based Victimization
- Cost and Consequences of Gender based violence
- Sexual orientation Victimization
- Trauma and Stigmatization
- Best practices to combat Gender based Victimization
- Digital Victimization
- Investigation and prevention of digital crime
- Digital Poly-Victimization
- Protection of Victims’ rights in digital world
- Combating Digital Crimes and Victimization
- Victim impact statement and Victim assessment report
- Victim Advocacy, Assistance and Service providers
- Victim Diaspora
- Victims of COVID 19
- Strategies and research methodology across the globe
The conference invites original research articles from academicians, researchers and students in the fields of Victimology, Law, Criminology, Sociology, and allied subjects, and also from Criminal Justice Professionals or NGO practitioners.
This conference shall function in a blended mode. The physical event shall be conducted at ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad.
- Submissions for paper presentation at the conference are to be mailed in the form of an abstract of 300 words and full research papers (Not more than 6000 words) with footnotes in Bluebook 20th edition format.
- The Abstract has to be sent to email ID: cenexcrime[at]ifheindia.org.
- The research paper is to be typed in font Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing 1.5, headings to be typed in font size 14 Bold, and footnotes in font size 10.
- The abstract should be 300 words with a minimum of five (5) keywords and must be accompanied by a cover page consisting of the author’s/co-author’s details.
- After acceptance of abstract the full paper has to be submitted to the same email ID: cenexcrime[at]ifheindia.org.
- Selected papers may be facilitated for publication with a reputed publisher.
- Registration fee should be paid through RTGS/NEFT to the account mentioned. For registration, proof of payment (screenshot etc. clearly indicating the transaction reference number) along with full name, affiliation and email id must be submitted by August 1, 2022 in the registration link. Authors desirous of submitting their papers for presentation in the conference should submit the proof of payment along with the final paper.
- Click here register for the call for papers and the conference after acceptance of abstract.
- Foreign Delegates: 100 USD
- Indian Delegates: 2000 INR
- Foreign Students and Research Scholars: 70 USD
- Indian Students and Research Scholars: 1000 INR
- Last date for Abstract submission: July 1, 2022
- Intimation of Abstract acceptance: July 15, 2022
- Last date for registration: August 1, 2022
- Last date for full paper submission: August 1, 2022
- Dates of Conference: September 9-11, 2022
- Organizing Committee
- Dr. K. S. Rekh Raj Jain, Assistant Professor, Conference Coordinator
- Dr. T. Himavathi, Assistant Professor, 9440064466
- Dr. Sumanta Meher, Assistant Professor, 9563665770
- Student Coordinators
- M. Sai Deekshita – 6303059470
- Pranav Dubey – 9451388197
- For Further Queries: cenexcrime[at]ifheindia.org
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com