The Journal of Criminal Law and Justice (JCLJ) is a faculty run, peer-reviewed journal published by the Centre for Criminal Law and Justice, Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
The Journal seeks to provide a platform for engaging in multi-disciplinary discussions on themes of criminal law and justice and human rights.
The Journal welcomes submissions from academicians, practitioners, research scholars and students from law and allied fields.
JCLJ welcomes original and previously unpublished articles, case notes and case comments, and book reviews for publication in its 2016 issue under the following themes:-
Contemporary developments in the field of Criminal Law and Justice
Changing Paradigm in Principles of Criminal Law
Interpretation of Judicial Precedents in context to Criminal Law
Comparative Jurisprudence in International Criminal Law
Word Limits (Inclusive of Footnotes)
ARTICLES: 6,000 to 10,000 words
CASE NOTES/COMMENTS: 5,000 words
LEGISLATIVE COMMENTS: 5,000 words
BOOK REVIEW: 3000 words
1. Co-authorship of maximum two authors is allowed.
2. Abstract shall be submitted on the specified date and shall not exceed more than 300 words.
3. JCLJ follows the Blue Book (19th edition) citation style. Authors are encouraged to adhere as closely as possible to this citation style.
4. The submission should be as a MS-Word document. The Times new Roman font, in font size 12 is prescribed for all entries. Further, footnotes shall be in font size 10 and line spacing of 1.5 shall be followed.
5. The submission should have a covering letter with the following details:
• Title of the submission
• Name of the Author/ Authors
• Brief description of the author/authors (Academic qualifications and current position)
6. Apart from the cover page, the rest of the submission should not contain any reference to the identity of the author/authors in order to enable anonymous screening and peer-review.
I am the Admin of Lawctopus. I am for law students, of law students and by law students. I am Torts and Contracts and moots and internships. I am your boyfriend! And your girlfriend too! Mentor. Friend. Junior. Senior. I am the footnote in your research paper. Foreword in your life. The jugaad for your internship. The side gig which earns you bucks. I am Maggi. Pocket money too.