The Indian Journal of Law and Public Policy (IJLPP) invites submissions by way of a Call for Papers for Volume 8 Issue 1 of the journal.
Indian Journal of Law and Public Policy (IJLPP) is a student reviewed bi-annual, student-edited, peer-reviewed law journal focussing upon the interdisciplinary study of law and public policy.
The journal is a solemn effort to promote erudite discernment and academic scholarship in the domain of law and public policy. The emphasis is on addressing the lacunae in the existing laws and proposing policy alternatives through a comparative approach or different perspectives that would assist the lawmakers, academicians and public policy organisations to make better laws.
The IJLPP is widely read and is available internationally on databases such as HeinOnline, SCC Online and Manupatra.
Call for Papers
The Indian Journal of Law and Public Policy invites submissions for Volume 8 Issue 1 of the journal. For this issue, the journal shall be accepting papers based on the broad theme of Law & Public Policy in Contemporary India.
However, there is a mandate upon the authors to point out the lacuna in the laws and policies of the recent past and remedy them through well researched and logically sound policy alternatives.
Nature of Submissions
- Long Articles (5000-7000 words): In this category of submissions, the journal expects a detailed analysis of the issue(s) undertaken by the author, to the extent of a detailed analysis of the surrounding legal scenario at domestic and international levels and/or cross-jurisdictional analysis, and concrete conclusions and suggestions (through a reform oriented research methodology), indicating a specific way forward;
- Short Articles (3000-5000 words): In this category of submissions, the journal expects analysis of contemporary legal issues from single or multiple legal perspectives, i.e. a detailed examination of legal developments and/or happenings (which may involve legislative enactments, jurisprudential developments by judicial developments) using single or multiple legal perspectives as (a) basis. In this category, if at all an author attempts to analyse debatable issues, i.e. issues that could be addressed through two perspectives of being justified or not justified, authors are encouraged to employ multilateral perspectives for the purposes of analysis, and then provide a conclusion in furtherance of such analysis.
- Case Comments (1500-2500 words): In this category of submissions, the journal expects detailed analysis of judgements, and the submission revolving around a critical analysis/comment of the case being commented on. The analysis should be much more than a brief of the case details, and look at the judgement from surrounding and stake holding laws. Much like the previous category, in the process of case comments, authors are expected to critically comment by looking into the judicial mindset behind the judgement, and then commenting on its benefits or shortcomings.
Parameters of Evaluation
Grammar and Language
- Correctness of grammar;
- Clear and Comprehensive language;
- Good sentence constructions, that are simple for readers to follow.
- Systematic positioning of content and linking of contentions, creating an effective flow;
- Nature of Approach undertaken by the author to address the issue;
Relevance of Issue
- Contemporary importance of issue;
- The pressing need to bring to light the author’s substantive perspectives;
- Linking of previously existing issues to the present legal scenario (if developed or changed, changing the means and nature of the existing issue and/or its outlook);
Legal Analysis and Contribution to the Existing Literature
- Author’s contribution to the subject;
- Substantiation of existing literature on the subject in such a way as to add on something novel, or author’s explanation of something in a novel perspective;
- Sufficiency of legislative provisions or judicial precedents covered in the process of analysis;
- Coverage of both perspectives of an issue (if any), and efficiency and sufficiency in consideration and deconstruction of the collateral perspective to the target perspective of the author.
Authorities and Citations
- Nature of authorities cited (the journal encourages citation of scholarly works that are used for research and educational purposes, and/or primary data. Secondary data from unreliable blogging forums and journals are not encouraged);
- Use of authorities wherever required, so as to not leave data unreliable or contentions as baseless assertions;
- Abstinence from exorbitant and pointless referencing.
General Instructions for Authors
- The work submitted shall be original and unpublished;
- The journal does not accept articles plagiarized beyond 20% or more than 7 instances (each involving 32 words), whichever is less;
- A Maximum Co-Authorship of two authors is allowed;
- Citation: The Citation style should be in consonance with Harvard Blue Book, 20th Edition. Speaking footnotes and endnotes are discouraged.
- The copyright of the entry to the Journal will rest with the Editorial Board once the entry has been selected and the authors (s) of the same have been notified.
- The final decision as to the acceptance of manuscripts rests with the Editorial Board.
- The Font of the paper shall be Times New Roman, Font Size 12, Line Spacing 1.5 for the Body and Times New Roman, Font Size 10, Line Spacing 1 for Footnotes.
- All the Articles, Short Articles and Case Commentaries being contributed for Indian Journal of Law and Public Policy are to be sent at journal[at]ijlpp.com
- The manuscript must not contain any indication of the identity of the author.
- Entry should be in either ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format.
- A cover letter in either ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format, mentioning the name, contact numbers, name of the institution, name of the university should be attached SEPARATELY along with the article itself in the same mail.
- The subject of the mail should be: “Submission for Volume 8 issue I”.
- An e-mail confirming the receipt of the entry and subsequently notifying selected works of the author (s) will be sent.
The entries should reach the given email id before 5:00 PM, November 15th, 2021.