Indira Gandhi National Open University [IGNOU] invites papers for its conference based on the theme, “Ethnicity and Development in South Asia: Issues and Challenges” to be held from the 21st to the 22nd of January 2016.
The objectives of this conference are as follows:
1. To discuss the development dynamics and spatial issues and challenges of various ethnic groups in south Asia,
2. To analyze the impact of ethnicity and regional social pluralism on society, polity and economic changes and development policy,
3. To discuss the different aspects of the existing constrains and legal provisions,
4. To evaluate the affirmative action’s for the marginalized ethnic groups and the process of homogenization and development.
The sub-themes for this conference are: [Main Theme: Ethnicity and Development in South Asia]
1. Dynamics of Ethnicity,
2. Ethnic conflicts, its causes and impact on development;
3. The role of civil society;
4. Social mobility, entrepreneurship and development;
5. Gender and ethnic groups, Tribal culture and development policy, Migration, Traditional knowledge system and practices.
a. Abstract of the research paper should be limited to 300 to 400 words and submitted on or before 10th September 2015 to [email protected]
b. If you are sending a hard copy (by post) then send it earlier so it should reach to us on or before 10th September 2015 (Correspondence address is given below).
c. Submitted abstracts will be scrutinized by a committee of experts and selected paper presenters will be intimated by 20th September 2015.
2. Full Paper
Final confirmation will be considered only after receiving full research paper for presentation on or before 30th November 2015.
There is no registration charge for participation/ paper presentation; however, it is mandatory to submit filled-in registration form along with full paper on or before 30th November 2015.
Accommodation to the outstation participants will be provided by the organizer at IGNOU guest house. It has limited number of accommodation; hence, priority will be given to first 20 out station paper presenters only.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.