About the College
IFIM Law College is affiliated to the Karnataka State Law University (KSLU) and is approved by the Bar Council of India.
About the Event
Consumer Protection: Issue and Challenges
- Consumer Protection in India: Issues and Challenges
- Consumer Protection and Service Sector
- Consumer Education and Consumer Movement: The Role of Civil Groups
- Mediation and Consumer Protection
- E- Consumerism: Problems and Perspectives
- Misleading Advertisements
Call for Papers
Research Papers are invited from the Academicians, Practitioners, Research Scholars and Students on the topics related to the above theme. The authors will have to submit an abstract of their research paper before the deadline.
The selected abstracts need to be stretched further for completing them as full-fledged research papers to be submitted on or before the date mentioned.
The Authors shall present their Papers on the day of the Seminar.
Note: Certificates will be awarded only for the participants who have presented their Papers. Three Best Papers will be selected and uploaded in the college website.
Guidelines for Abstract and Full paper submission
Rules & Regulations
- The submission is open to all students registered in Graduate /Post Graduate Course in any Institution/ College/ University, Academicians, Practitioners, Research Scholars.
- Co-authorship is permitted. There can be maximum two co-authors for one paper.
- An abstract should be written at the beginning, explaining the purpose of the paper.
- The main body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in Times New Roman size 10, with 1.0 line spacing. All headings must have uniform formatting.
- Text and footnotes should conform to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th ed. 2015) (“The Bluebook”).
- The first page of the manuscript should only contain the name of the paper followed by a 250-word abstract. The main body of the manuscript must begin from the second page onwards. The abstract should have the name, designation, e-mail and workplace address of the participant.
- The word limit, including footnotes, should not exceed 3500 words. Endnotes are not accepted.
- Submissions should be made in MS Word format.
- The soft copy of both the abstract and research paper should be submitted.
- The papers selected by the Review Committee are allowed for paper presentation.
- Venugopal B.S (Principal IFIM Law College)
- Shivani Dutta (Faculty In-charge)
- Jambey Tsering (Student In-charge)
- Nidhi Chauhan (Student In-charge)
- Members of IFIM Centre of Excellence on Consumer Laws
- Last date for registration – 15th January, 2018
- Abstract submission (soft copy) – 29th January, 2018
- Intimation of acceptance of abstract- 5th February, 2018
- Full paper submission (soft copy) – 28th February, 2018
- Seminar- 17th March, 2018
Soft copy and reference number of the payment details shall be forwarded to the following email: [email protected]
- Student: Rs. 500/-
- Teacher: Rs. 1000/-
- Co-author*: Rs. 1500/-
*Co Authors shall not be more than two for a research paper.
Soft copy of the filled in Registration Form and payment details shall be sent on or before 15th January, 2018 at cecl.if[email protected]
Note: Accommodation and TA/DA will not be provided to the participants. In case someone wants assistance with regard to accommodation arrangements, they can contact us. Accommodation charge shall be borne by the participants.
For further details contact:
- 8486809954 (Shivani Dutta, Faculty In-charge)
- 7022409859 (Jambey Tsering, Student In-charge)
- 8981126048 (Suyash Singh Rathode, Student In-charge)
REGISTRATION FORM IS HERE.
This post was first published on:
9 Nov 2017