Established in 1927 Gujarat Law Society is aptly hailed as a paragon of an ideal educational institution. GLS was founded by illustrious personalities like Sardar Vallabhbhai, Shri G. V. Mavlankar and Sheth Shri Kasturbhai Lalbhai. With the passage of time, the society has made phenomenal progress and is regarded as a premier and pioneering educational institution in Gujarat.
Due to the mammoth efforts, vision and managerial skill of the then Hon. Secretary Late Shri I. M. Nanavati, today the society has flourished with 30 different educational institutions of excellent academic standards from Kinder Garden to Post Graduate level offering quality education to more than 27,000 students every year.
August 2-3, 2014
Contemporary Issues and Challenges of Human Rights in the era of Globalization. Human Rights are international norms that regulate how countries treat their citizens and residents. Almost all countries participate in the International Human Rights System.
Every member of the United Nations has ratified at least one of the six major human rights treaties, and 80 percent of states have ratified at least four. Human Rights are inherent and universal in nature to be given very high priority and to exist independently of any legal document. These strong claims have often provoked strong challenges pertaining to the Human Rights in Globalized era.
1. Human Rights and Education and significance thereof
2. Issues relating to Human Rights of different Classes and Groups
3. Enforcement of Human Rights at National and International Level : Challenges for Executive, Legislature and Judiciary
4. Human Rights and Justice Delivery System
5. Human Rights and Emerging Areas
6. Any other topic relevant with the title
Call for Papers
1. Abstract (250 words) and full paper should be sent on or before above mentioned dates in hard copy addressed to:
Organizing Secretary, Sir L. A. Shah Law College, Opp. Law Garden, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad – 380 006, Gujarat State, INDIA
2. Soft copy should be mailed on email@example.com
3. The abstract must include Title, Author(s) and Institutional Affiliation.
Last Date for Abstract Submission : 30th June, 2014
Last Date of acceptance of Abstract: 8th July, 2014
Last Date for submission of full paper: 10th July, 2014
Date of Acceptance of paper: 20th July, 2014
Upto 30th June 2014
1. Research Scholars / Students: Rs. 1500/-
2. Delegates: Rs. 2000/-
3. Accompanying Person: Rs. 1500/-
4. Foreign Delegates: $ 100
After 30th June 2014
1. Research Scholars / Students: Rs. 1800/-
2. Delegates: Rs. 2500/-
3. Accompanying Person: Rs. 1800/-
4. Foreign Delegates: $ 150
Registration Form along with Registration Fee should reach before 30th June, 2014 on the above address.
Mode of Payment
Demand Draft of Nationalized Bank should be drawn in favour of “Sir L. A. Shah Law College” payable at Central Bank of India, GLS Area Branch, Ahmedabad. Alternatively, you can directly deposit/transfer in the following bank account :
Name of Account : Sir L. A. Shah Law College
A/c. No. : 1013141281
Bank : Central Bank of India, GLS Area Branch, Ahmedabad
IFSC Code CBIN0282261
1. Dr. Rushikesh V. Mehta
Principal, Sir L. A. Shah Law College; + 91 9427360944
2. Dr. Laxmikant S. Pathak
Principal, I. M. Nanavati Law College; +91 9427419563
You can see the Conference Brochure HERE.
The Registration Form is available HERE.
Join 70,000 law students. Receive only the posts you want.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.