GNLU’s International Conference on Modern Corporate Laws: Understanding the Dynamism- Within and Beyond the Legal Boundaries
With the aim to grapple with the multifarious concerns and realities for a reform in the corporate governance, development of securities market and corporate restructuring, this conference has been well thought-out to address reforms in the corporate governance, emerging dimension of corporate social responsibility, protection of securities market and the challenges to corporate restructuring.
The purpose of the two day conference is to explore possibilities of convergence and appreciation of divergence, and at times conflicting perceptions and views on the proposed themes.
Theme I: Corporate Governance – Competing Models & Possibility of Convergence (Sub themes are not limited to the following)
- Corporate Governance: Norms & Reality within the Company and Beyond
- Rethinking for a better Corporate Governance-Competing Models in the World Where does India stand?
- Framing the Public Policy objectives for Corporate Governance
- Regime of Corporatocracy Vs. Ignorance of Governance
- ‘Corporate Scams: Satyam to Reebock India’ -Is it Failure of Corporate Governance or Corporate Irregularity
- Corporate Governance and Investor’s wellbeing
- Corporate & Securities Frauds
- Transparency in the Board of Director and Better Corporate Governance
- Corporate Criminal Liability
- Independent Directors: How far Independent?
- Minor Shareholders Vs. Majority Shareholders
- SEBI for a Good Corporate Governance in India
- Shareholder’s Activism in India
- Corporate Governance under the new provisions in the Companies Bill and the road ahead
- Constituents for governance: Shareholders vs. Stakeholders
- Corporate social responsibility
- MCA for a Good Corporate Governance in India
- Role of SFIO vis-à-vis Corporate Frauds
Theme 2: Development of Securities Market: Improving Accessibility, Spreading Prosperity & Inspiring Confidence (Sub themes are not limited to the following)
- Securities Market Vs. Investor’s Confidence
- SEBI as the overseer of Securities Market
- Remarkable Role of SEBI in the SEBI-Sahara legal battle
- Role of Domestic and Foreign Institutional Investors in emerging Markets
- Public Issue: ICDR regulation and the MCA rules
- Institutional & Private Investors
- Securities Offences: Insider Trading and Market Manipulation
Theme 3: ‘Corporate Restructuring: Driving factor for Corporate Growth’- Revisiting in Borders & Beyond (Sub themes are not limited to the following)
- Merger & Acquisition: The Driving factor for Corporate Growth
- Merger and Amalgamation : Contemporary Issues
- Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency
- Critical analysis of the compliance and obligations related to open process in SEBI Takeover Code 2011
- “Concept of Control” in the context of blocking/vetoing management decisions with special reference to the Shubhkam Ventures Case.
- Demerger & Reverse Merger
- Financial Restructuring: Reorganization of Share Capital
- Buy Back of Shares: Necessity for the listed & unlisted company
- Reduction of Capital: Judicial Approach
- M& A under the Companies Bill,2012
- Cross border Mergers: Emerging Economic and Legal Issues and Challenges
- Taxability of the offshore mergers in India
- Hostile Takeovers: International Approach
- Merger & Amalgamation: Sector Specific GAAR
- Cross Border M & A: Post Acquisition disagreement
CALL FOR PAPERS
- Submission of Abstract: 5th July, 2013
- Declaration of Selection of Abstract: 10th July, 2013
- Submission of Full Papers: 10th September, 2013
- Registration (Closed On): 25th September, 2013
Entries should have a cover page containing the following:
- Full name & Designation
- Institution/Organization/University & Professional/Educational details; and Email address & telephone number.
Entries should be submitted in .doc format with the following specifications:
- Font Type : Garamond
- Spacing : 1.5 inch spacing
- Font Size:
- Title: 16 points.
- Subtitle:14 points.
- Text:12 points.
- Citation Method: Chicago Manual of Style (15th Edition).
- Word Limit: 3000
Kindly make sure that the soft copy of abstract should be sent on [email protected]lu.ac.in well within time.
Full papers to be sent both in hard and soft copies, soft copy to be sent via mail on [email protected] and the hard copy to be sent at the address given bellow.
Filled up registration form and Demand Draft (DD) to be sent at the bellow mentioned address.
GNLU Centre for Corporate & Competition Law
Gujarat National Law University
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor,
Koba, Gandhinagar – 382007, Gujarat (INDIA)
For any further quaries, kindly mail us on [email protected]
See the official notification HERE.
The registration form is HERE.
To post an opportunity, email us at [email protected] or use the form here.