Call For Papers: GNLU’s Book On Interdisciplinary Perspectives for a Food Secure World
With a view to address the concerns of “Global Food Crisis”, the Centre for Food Security & Agro-Economy, Gujarat National Law University is pleased to announce the call for papers for the book titled “Interdisciplinary Perspectives for a Food Secure World” student edition.
The Book intends to capture the growing maturity and development of an area of research encapsulating Agriculture, Food Security and its multidimensional impact. This publication promises to be a vehicle for serious academic writing across the board.
The Editorial Committee invites original research articles, notes from students enrolled in recognised courses for a few additional chapters of the book on the following themes:
1. International Dimension to Food Security
- Food Security impacts of Trade and Liberalisation.
- The Doha Round Negotiations on Agriculture Trade rules and their potential impact on Food Security.
- The interdependence between Urban and Rural Food Security in Asia.
- Global Agreements: Is convergence possible?
2. Agro Business and Management issues in Food Security:
- Agri-business and supply chain management.
- Distribution and Marketing of Agri-inputs.
- Food processing and packaging in Agri-business.
- Supply Chain Management in Fresh Produce Retailing: Emerging Issues and Policy Options.
- Food, Agri-business & Livelihood: Case Studies with reference to specific regions.
- Marketing Reforms in India for linking farmers to markets.
3. Economic Dimensions of Food Security:
- The Genesis, impact and solutions to Global Food Insecurity.
- Rural regeneration, an instrument towards Food Security.
- Green Jobs and Food Security.
- Food utilisation dimensions of Food Security.
- Ecological Footprint and Sustainability indicators.
- Special Economic Zones and the Food Crisis.
4. Food Security Issues and the Tribal population:
- Regulatory and Governance issues relating to Genetically Modified Organisms in changing.
- Biodiversity & Food Security among Tribal’s.
- Genetic modified crops and the indigenous food habits of Tribal’s.
- Panchayat Extension to Scheduled Areas Act and the distribution of food.
- Agricultural research and development among the Tribal hinterland.
5. Medico Scientific Dimensions to Food Security:
- Traditional agricultural knowledge and Farmer’s Rights.
- Food safety and consumer choice policy
- Agricultural Biotechnology: Is it an answer to Food Security?
- Bio safety, Food safety and Food Security.
- Abstract: 250-300 words
- Full paper excluding footnotes: 5000-8000 words.
- Entries can be co-authored. However, a maximum of two authors per entry are allowed.
- Submission shall contain a covering letter indicating Name of the Author (s), Designation, Affiliation, E-mail id & contact number.
- Main text: Times New Roman font, in font size 12 with line spacing of 1.5 shall be followed.
- Foot notes: Times New Roman font, in font size 10 with line spacing of 1 shall be followed.
- Submissions must conform to the Chicago Manual of Style (15th ed).
- All submissions must be word processed, and compatible with Microsoft Word 2003 and 2007.
- Submissions shall be made to the Editorial Board at email@example.com
Deadline: 20th November, 2012
The author(s) are requested to adhere strictly to the aforementioned themes.