Army Institute of Law Journal is a Refereed Law Journal ISSN No 0975-8208 published annually by the Army Institute of Law.
The Law Journal is dedicated to increasing the in-depth knowledge of the subject across disciplines with the cherished objective to enhance intellectual quotient with the cherished aim of expanding interdisciplinary knowledge and initiating dialogue and debate yielding fruitful results.
The ultimate aim is to make it an intellectual treat for all its readers. The Journal welcomes well researched, quality contributions on contemporary and relevant issues in all areas of Law and related subjects for its forthcoming Issue: Volume VII 2014.
Authors are invited to submit their work to the Editor at the following e-mail id: email@example.com for publication latest by 15th September 2014.
Join Lawctopus Law School, the law school you always wanted, online! Check courses.lawctopus.com
1. All manuscripts (in hard copy and e-mail) must be accompanied by:
a. A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), official designation institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (correspondence address, email, phone number etc)
b. A Certificate that the paper submitted is a piece of original and bonafide research work and has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
c. An abstract of not more than 200 words describing the submission.
2. Contributions should be in English language only and in conformity with AIL’s scheme and style.
3. Electronic submissions (on website or email) should ideally be made in Word Format (.doc)/(docx).
4. Text and citations should strictly conform to the rules in The Bluebook: A Uniform System Of Citation (19th edition). This mode of citation must be strictly followed otherwise the paper shall not be considered for publication.
5. No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgements should be included in the text of the manuscript, the name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the covering letter accompanying the manuscripts.
6. The Journal encourages gender neutrality in its submissions.
7. The articles in the Journal will be edited and published according to the orthographical and grammatical rules of Indian English, which is based on British English; thus, submissions in American English will be modified accordingly.
8. The word limit for articles is approximately 3000-7000 (excluding footnotes).
Notes and comments should be in about 6000 words.
Book Reviews should have a limit of 1500 words.
However, this word limit is not binding and can be waived in appropriate circumstances.
9. In case of references from websites, complete URL address, along with the last date of accessing the website should be mentioned.
10. Contributions to the journal shall be evaluated by the nominated Referees. A mere submission of a contribution shall not confer any claim for publication.
11. AIL reserves the right to take decision to publish the contribution or not.
12. Submission of a paper shall be taken to imply that it is an unpublished work and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
13. Copy right of all entries received shall exclusively vest with the Army Institute of Law. The submission of work would imply that the contributor has assigned such rights to AIL on its publication in the journal.
14. Authors are required to obtain written permission for the use of any copyrighted material in the manuscript and must communicate the same to the Journal. Such material may include tables, charts etc.
15. Authors are also required to inform the Editorial Board if they have submitted their manuscripts to another law journal and if they have received an offer of publication. Authors may request an expedited review on this basis. It shall be within the discretion of the Editorial Board to grant an expedited review.
16. In case of book reviews, two copies of the book are to be sent.
17. In case the article is not published, then the author shall be intimated by the institute through post and he/she may then send it for publication elsewhere.
18. Manuscripts are to be submitted in duplicate. A soft copy of the article/paper should be sent along with two hard copies. Authors are requested to verify references and quotations before submitting the manuscripts. It is mandatory to submit both soft and hard copy. Please e-mail the soft copy at the following e-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Two Hard copies must be mailed to:
Dr Kamaljit Kaur
B.Sc, LL.B (Gold Medalist, University Medalist), LL.M, Ph.D
Editor, AIL Journal, Army Institute of Law,
Sector-68, Mohali-160062, Punjab
PROCEDURE FOR ACCEPTANCE
1. On receipt of the contribution, the Editorial Committee shall screen it to satisfy itself about the conformity of the contribution with the AIL conditions and policy for submission of the manuscripts.
2. The screened work shall be assessed by the nominated referees.
3. A contribution recommended by the referee as fit for publication as such or recommended for publication with necessary amendments, if any, shall be considered for publication after the author would submit the amended paper accordingly. The author will be given two weeks to carry out changes thus suggested.
COPIES OF THE REPRINTS
Authors shall be entitled to two reprints in case of publication.
Please refer to the official brochure HERE.