According to a report by Human Rights Watch, “Dalits and indigenous people continue to face discrimination, exclusion, and acts of communal violence. Laws and policies adopted by the Indian government provide a strong basis for protection, but are not being faithfully implemented by local authorities.”
In this context, this seminar proposes to address the following issues:
Identifying the elements of inclusive governance and their delivery.
Identifying the root-causes of issues and areas of human rights that are violated
Deliberating upon ways and means to deal with the dynamics of governance and human rights
Looking at the linkages between the official notions reservation and the concept of representation.
Examining the complex relationship between policy and politics.
1. The idea of inclusive governance: Concepts and Contestations
2. Human Rights and Citizenship Rights
3. Democratic Journey and Moments of Introspections: Dalit Assertion, issues related to minority
4. Dimensions on Public Institutions and its transformation
5. Human Rights and marginalized groups- dalits, adivasis, minorities, women and unorganized labours
6. Social Justice and Secularism
7. Indian democracy at crossroad
8. Environment and human rights
Papers are invited from academicians, social activists, research scholars and policy makers on the above mentioned themes. The abstract and full text of the paper and power point presentation should be sent to Department of Political Science, Kalindi College, University of Delhi. Those interested to chair a session may kindly send their resume.
A Committee will review the abstracts and full papers and information regarding acceptance, modification, rejection and presentation shall be communicated to the authors subsequently. The selected papers will be published through a reputed national publisher.
The abstract should not exceed 400 words clearly stated the objective, methodology and summary of results. It should also include title of the abstract, the author’s name, designation, institutional affiliation, mailing address, contact number and E-mail ID.
Abstract may be sent to [email protected] OR [email protected] latest by 8th April 2014, with the subject line “Political Science Seminar”.
1. The length of full paper including tables, diagrams, illustrations, references, etc. should be between 5000 to 6000 words. Paper should be typed in Times New Roman 12 point font.
2. Bibliographical references should be arranged alphabetically and given at the end of the text in the APA format.
3. The full version of paper should be submitted in both hard and soft copy by 18 April 2014
2. Rs.250/- for Researchers
Demand draft to be made in favour of “Principal, Kalindi College“. Cash will also be accepted at the registration desk on the day of seminar.
1. Dr. Sunita
sunitamangla[email protected], Mob. -7838621078
2. Dr. Nivedita Giri
[email protected], Mob. – 9968825479
Please access other details of the seminar and the Registration Form HERE.