The Centre of Risk Management and Derivatives is pleased to invite submissions for October 2015 issue of “CRMD Business Times”. ISSN: 2455-250X.
The newsletter seeks to highlight and provide an overview of contemporary issues pertaining, but not limited to the following:
1. Assessment of project viability risk as conceived in SEBI regulations on project-financing by non-bank financial institutions.
2. Determination of rate of return to be given to investors and estimation of risk factors embedded in the bonds issued for project financing purpose as per SEBI’s debt-regulations.
3. Assessment of risk for project-investors as conceived in SEBI’s Magelam Committee Report.
4. Calculation and comparison of costs of alternative modes of project finance as per SEBI’s Magelam Committee Report.
5. Absence of SEBI-guidelines on bankruptcy risk of originator of securitized projects.
6. Absence of SEBI-guidelines on counterparty risk in market borrowing by mutual funds as trusts of securitized projects.
7. SEBI’s prohibition on investment by Mutual Funds in securities backed by real assets of projects.
8. Risk to a SEBI-registered foreign investor in infrastructure project.
9. Identification and implications of risk factors in public-private-partnership projects.
10. Foreign exchange risk to project-promoter in external commercial borrowing in line with SEBI regulations.
11. Interface between RBI and SEBI regarding mutual funds established by banks with reference to the RBI’s Master Circular – Prudential norms for classification, valuation and operation of investment portfolio by banks.
12. Mathematical Models of Quantification of Risk for calculation of capital of a registered business entity with reference to SEBI’s Model Bye-law No. 10.
13. Interface between RBI and FEMA regarding overseas investment by banks. SEBI rule for banks regarding a bank’s trading in corporate bonds in stock exchange; with reference to RBI’s Master Circular – Prudential norms for classification, valuation and operation of investment portfolio by banks, Section 1.2.21
14. Interface between RBI and SEBI regarding separation of investment portfolios of a bank and its subsidiary with reference to RBI’s Master Circular – Prudential norms for classification, valuation and operation of investment portfolio by banks, Section 1.3.3. (v).
15. RBI-FEMA interface regarding foreign deposits in Indian banks, opening foreign branch of Indian banks, foreign exchange derivative contracts and foreign exchange management by insurers.
16. Quantification of counterparty risk and market risk in infrastructure bonds eligible for investment up to 20,000 INR for tax saving purpose under income tax law.
17. Quantification of counterparty risk and market risk in equity linked savings scheme (ELSS) eligible for investment up to 100,000 INR for tax saving purpose under income tax law.
18. Quantification of default risk in different kinds of loan contracts and the changes required in SARFAESI Act.
19. Quantification of market risk in unit linked insurance policies.
The newsletter aims to widen the understanding of business/corporate laws which presently is limited to an academic understanding.
Students are encouraged to contribute articles/case comments/notes on contemporary business, commercial and financial issues to make the newsletter comprehensive and resourceful.
The newsletter requires a short original analysis of a relevant contemporary issue in APA style (preferably around 1500 words).
31st January, 2016
Submissions and Queries
Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The October 2014 issue is downloadable from the ‘CRMD Business Times Link’ and the previous issues are downloadable from the ‘Archives’ link, click HERE.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
I am the Admin of Lawctopus. I am for law students, of law students and by law students. I am Torts and Contracts and moots and internships. I am your boyfriend! And your girlfriend too! Mentor. Friend. Junior. Senior. I am the footnote in your research paper. Foreword in your life. The jugaad for your internship. The side gig which earns you bucks. I am Maggi. Pocket money too.
Get first mover advantage over opportunities, get them in your inbox!