Papers are invited for a two-day conference (December 28-29, 2015) on Economics & Politics of Local Governments: The Indian Experience at Institute of Development Studies Kolkata (Salt Lake Campus).
Authors of the selected abstracts will be informed by October 27, 2015. Full papers will have to be sent by November 30, 2015.
The conference seeks paper contributions in the following areas:
– Issues related to local government finance
– Local government and basic core services
– Efficiency and capacity related issues
– Collection, preservation and quality of data at the local level
– Role of the State Finance Commissions
– Clientelism versus programmatic politics
– Any other issue relevant to the theme