CULR or Cochin University Law Review of CUSAT, Cochin is inviting submissions by way of a Call for Papers, to be submitted by July 31st.
About the Institution
The School of Legal Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Cochin, Kerala
School of Legal School, CUSAT is one of the oldest Law Schools in India. The Law School was initially started as the Post Graduate Department of Law of the University of Kerala in the year 1962 under the leadership and guidance of the late Prof. (Dr.) A.T.Markose, an internationally acclaimed jurist and academician. the School of Legal Studies became part of Cochin University in the year 1971.
Call for Papers
The Editorial Board of Cochin University Law Review (CULR), the flagship publication of the School of Legal Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), is inviting submissions for Volume XLIV proposed to be published in September 2021. CULR (ISSN No: 0970-0331), is a quarterly law journal published with the collective efforts of the members of the faculty of the School of Legal Studies, CUSAT.
The journal has been published since 1974 as a peer-reviewed and referred journal. CULR offers a platform for presenting original views on contemporary topics in the field of law. The subscribers of the journal include various prestigious universities and institutions imparting legal education, scholars, and students, within and outside India.
Submissions are invited from academicians, practitioners, students, researchers, and experts in the field of law. The papers show thorough research and a well-articulated position.
Submissions under the following categories are invited:
- Articles: Between 10,000 and 12,000 words
- Notes & comments: Between 6000 and 8000 words
- Case Comments: Between 3000 and 6000 words
- Book Review: Between 2000 and 4000 words.
- Submissions are accepted only in electronic form.
- Submissions must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title as ‘Submission- CULR 2021’.
- Submissions must be made in Word format (.doc)/(.docx)
- The submission must be accompanied with a cover letter stating the title of the manuscript, name and details of the author/authors and author’s contact details.
- The cover letter should state that the article is original and that it is not published /submitted for consideration in any other publication.
- An abstract of 250 words shall be sent along with the manuscript.
- The manuscript should not contain the name and details of the author/authors.
- Co-authorship of a maximum of two persons is allowed.
- The proper acknowledgment must be given for such use of literature in the article submitted .
- The Board of editors may make such last-minute changes that are necessary to meet the requirements of space and format.
- The submission will be run through anti-plagiarism software and plagiarism in any form will result in rejection of the submission.
- The decision on publication will be intimated within two months after the submission deadline.
- Submissions must conform to the Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA), 4th Edition.
- The font shall be in Times New Roman of font size 12 with a line spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes shall be in Times New Roman of font size 10 with single line spacing.
Who is it For?
Academicians, Legal experts, Practitioners, Researchers, and Students.
Submissions must be mailed to culrsls[at]cusat.ac.in with the subject title as ‘Submission- CULR 2021’.
Please Note: No fee is being charged at any stage, viz. submission, processing, publication, or certification.
July 31st, 2021
The Chief Editor
Cochin University Law Review
School of Legal Studies
Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Email: culrsls[at]cusat.ac.in
- Contact Number: +91 4842575465