Surendranath Law College, Kolkata is inviting submissions through call for papers for the first volume of its Journal, namely SNLC Law Review.
About the College
Surendranath Law College, Kolkata is a premier law institute in India which is affiliated to the University of Calcutta and recognized by the Bar Council of India. The ‘Rastraguru’ Suendranath Banerjea, the great patriot and educationalist found this prestigious institution.
This Law College imparts 5 Years B.A. LL.B course, 5 Years B.A. LL.B (Honours) Course and two Years LL.M Course.
About the SNLC Law Review
A peer reviewed/ refereed annually published law journal to be published by Surendranath Law College, Kolkata. The College is making a call for papers for the first volume of its Journal, namely SNLC Law Review as part of its initiative to promote research and study in the field of Law. The remit of the journal is not restricted to any particular field of law.
The journal invites original papers on any contemporary aspects of law in India and across the Globe. The Journal is a peer reviewed/ refereed annually published journal.
SNLC Law Review is accepting original and unpublished submissions from academicians, legal professionals, legal practitioners, research scholars and students.
The submissions are accepted under the following categories:
- Article: The prescribed word limit is within 6000 words. These articles must analyse any contemporary topic relating to law. It should focus on to cover all the aspects of the particular topic.
- Case Comments: The prescribed word limit is 2000-3000 words. The comment must be an analysis of recent judgements of National and International judicial bodies, bringing out its relevance in light of the development of law, views expressed in the judgment and the opinion(s) of the author.
- Book Review: The prescribed word limit is 1000-2500 words. The review must contain a crisp account of books which were published in 2019 or later.
Note: The word limit is exclusive of footnotes and abstract.
Authors must strictly adhere to the following guidelines, failing which the submission would not be considered.
- Submissions are accepted only in the English language.
- All original submissions must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words. 5 – 8 key words should also be mentioned in the submission.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and in 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and in single line spacing.
- Manuscripts should only use footnotes as a means of citation. Footnotes should conform to the ILI Style of Footnoting.
- The manuscript or abstract shall not contain the name or affiliation of the author(s).
- The submissions shall strictly adhere to the word limit prescribed.
- Co-authorship is permissible up to a maximum of one co-author. Co-authorship is not allowed in case of Case Comment and Book Review.
- The submissions shall be made in MS Word (.doc/.docx) format only.
- The name of the file must contain Name of the author(s).
- The submission made to SNLC Law Review shall be on an exclusive basis and must not be concurrently under consideration by any other publication.
- All the submissions would go through plagiarism check. Any form of plagiarism would lead to prima facie rejection.
- The Author(s) must send a duly signed and dated scanned copy of Declaration (linked at the end of this post), along with the submission.
- SNLC Law Review retains complete discretion over acceptance/rejection of manuscripts.
- All submissions are required to be addressed to the Editor, SNLC Law Review and emailed to snlclawreview[at]gmail.com before June 06, 2022.
The submissions must be accompanied with a covering letter in a separate document containing the following details of the author and co-author (if any):
- Affiliation / Academic Qualification:
- Contact Number and e-mail address:
- Postal address:
The Editorial Team of SNLC Law Review intends to maintain the standards of the Journal. Each draft will be screened thoroughly in three phases to ensure this –
- An initial Internal Screening will be conducted to ensure that the drafts submitted fulfil general appropriateness of work and the foundation of the paper is conceptually and theoretically fit. At this stage, the team also will make sure that the draft meets the basic requirements in terms of citation style, formatting, word limits etc.
- The drafts then undergo Plagiarism Test; the maximum limit of similarity index allowed is 30%. The Authors are requested to make sure that this criteria is fulfilled before submission.
- Subject to the above two tests, the approved drafts are then sent for Peer Review. The draft will be evaluated on various parameters, such as relevancy of topic, comprehensiveness, original contribution to existing knowledge, language, coherence etc.
Submissions made to the Journal must not have been published or under consideration for publication elsewhere. The contributions accepted for publication by SNLC Law Review shall therein be the Intellectual Property of the Journal and Surendranath Law College, Kolkata.
June 30, 2022
For any queries, please contact:
- +91 94343 20999
- +91 81018 99340
Or mail us snlclawreview[at]gmail.com
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com