Right to Information Act, 2005 mandates timely response to citizen requests for information. Before the RTI Indian Parliament had enacted the Freedom of Information Act, 2002 in order to promote transparency and accountability in the administration.
A book titled “Right to Information: A Tool for Transparency and Accountability” with ISBN: 978-9-38-416630-4 is being published by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab.
This is being done in furtherance of a National Seminar on Right to Information, which was held on 3.03.2018 in collaboration with the State Information Commission, Punjab.
The book will focus on objectives of Right to Information Act, 2005 whose aim is to provide for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities, in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority, the constitution of a Central Information Commission and State Information Commissions and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
The themes of the articles are as follow:
- Right to Information and Protection of Whistle Blower.
- Right to Information and Political Parties.
- Transparency and accountability in the implementation of
- Right to Information and Media Law.
- Impact of Right to Information Act in Justice Delivery System.
- RTI and Good Governance.
- Right to Information Act as an Anti-corruption Tool.
- Right to Information Act and Right to Privacy.
- Future Road-map of Right to Information Act
Research papers are invited from the academicians, practitioners, researchers, scholars, and students on the issues related to the below mentioned themes. The papers will go through a blind peer review and the selected papers will be published.
- The length of the Paper should be within 5,000- 7,000words including footnotes.
- All Papers should include an ‘abstract’ of not more than 500 words.
- All Papers should be submitted in the following format:
- Font type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12
- Line spacing: 1.5 spacing
- Alignment: Justified
- All references shall be made in the form Footnotes only as per the BlueBook 19thEdition Citation System in the following style-
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 10 pts.
- Line spacing: Single spacing
- Alignment: Justified
- Originality and good quality of the Paper are of paramount importance, as a strict plagiarism check will be done as part of the review process. The similarity index of the submission must not cross 10 per cent in any case. Please reduce the website or Internet references and rely on authoritative literature.
The submissions are required to be made on or before Jan 15, 2019 to [email protected] with the subject of the e-mail as – “Name of the author – Title of the Paper”.
Email: [email protected]
Dr Geetika Walia: [email protected]
Mr Anchit Singla: Ph. 9910926800 | [email protected]
Ms Aarvi Singh: Ph. 8826149173 | [email protected]