Amity Law School Noida is calling for papers to be presented at the National Seminar on COMMERCIAL SURROGACY IN INDIA.
Two papers shall be selected from each topic which will be presented at the seminar.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR
A one day national seminar is proposed to be organized on commercial surrogacy in India. The cases of commercial surrogacy show a constant rise and the issue assumes a serious view having regard to its linkage to the exploitation of women from BPL segment.
The theme and subthemes are modelled to bring forth a discussion on recent societal changes, proposed bill and guidelines and higher judiciary decisions relating to surrogacy.
The variety of factors of infertility in men and women, social acceptance of same sex marriages across globe and acceptance of single parent families are slowly and gradually gaining importance. These factors lead to increase in practice of surrogacy.
The purpose of this seminar is to spread the awareness pertaining to new social trends, legislations, identification of lacunas and suggestions regarding their remedies which will help in providing greater understanding of the topic.
SUB TOPICS OUT OF WHICH ONE IS TO BE SELECTED:
1. Surrogacy a boon or a bane?
2. Surrogacy: Manufacturing a Perfect mother worker
3. India: a destination for international surrogacy
4. Regulating Surrogacy: Need for effective legislation
Last date of submission of paper: 31st January 2014
Declaration of Results for selected papers: 2nd February 2014
Last Date of Confirmation by selected authors: 3rd February 2014
Date of Seminar: 6th February 2014
WE WELCOME SUBMISSIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING CATEGORY:
Articles ( Between 5000-10,000 words)*
* inclusive of foot notes
- All papers submitted which are to be considered for presentation/publication must be original and should not have been published elsewhere.
- Submission of an unsolicited paper to the editors does not secure a right of publication. In case the paper is found suitable for publication, as per the standards will receive a notification of acceptance from the Editors and will be awarded.
- The papers will be peer-adjudged.
- The Editors reserve the right to request for copies of any resources or authorities cited in the submitted paper. The publication of the papers in form of article remains subject to the Authors providing such copies.
- More than 30% plagiarism will lead to rejection of paper.
- All correspondence must be done via e-mail and should be addressed to: The Amity Legal Aid Cell, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All articles and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract (200-250 words). Abstracts must be italicized.
- The format of the manuscript- Times new Roman, font size 12 and in 1.5 line spacing.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 and in single line spacing. For the rest of the details refer to the Submission Guidelines.
- Kindly send your manuscript in MS Word 2007 format and the writings shall conform to The Bluebook style of citation, 19th edition.
- Further, kindly adhere strictly to the word limit prescribed.
- Co authorship is permissible up to a maximum of two.
- The email subject should be “Submission for Third issue of Journal- (Title of the manuscript)”
The author must fill and sign the Declaration form with their respective submissions.
The submissions for the Journal must not have been previously published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
Articles between 5,000 – 10,000 words will be accepted. It must be a comprehensive analysis of the problem. The author should use a wide range of sources, and established authorities to support his/her argument, provide any alternatives or suggestions, with a conclusion.
The word limit is inclusive of footnotes.
All font is to be in Times New Roman
Title: Font: 12 points,
Line spacing: 1.5,
Caps, Bold, Underlined, and Centre Alignment.
Abstract: Font: Times New Roman, 12 points,
Line spacing: Single
Italics, Justified, Indentation 1 inch on either side.
Heading Levels: Font: 12 points,
Line spacing: 1.5,
Small Caps, Bold, Centre Alignment
Main Body: Font: 12 points,
line spacing 1.5,
Justified and 1 inch margins on all sides
Footnote: Times New Roman, 9 points, 1 line spacing, left aligned
The covering letter must include the following details:
• Name of the author(s)
• Contact Details – Address and Mobile no.
• Name and Address of Institution
• Course currently being pursued/ Academic Qualifications
For any queries please contact:
Vijayshree Pandey(Faculty Incharge): +919999863019
Kriti Chopra(Convenor Legal Aid Cell): +919811844200
Law School Blog: http://www.amitylawschool.blogspot.in/