About the Opportunity
Harvard Human Rights Journal is calling for online submissions and accepts the submissions on a rolling basis.
The Harvard Human Rights Journal (HHRJ) was founded in 1988. It publishes an annual print edition containing a range of original scholarly works on contemporary human rights issues. Throughout the year, their website publishes online journal posts, interviews, and other human rights content.
Categories and Word Limits
- Blog posts: Discussing or evaluating relevant human rights issues
Word Limit: 700–2,000 words.
- Commentaries: On recent court cases or legislative developments
Word Limit: 1,000–3,000 words.
- Interviews with prominent figures in the field of human rights, including activists and community leaders, Word Limit: 1,000–4,000 words.
- Book reviews of a recent and relevant book
Word Limit: 700–1,500 words.
- Length Limitations: Except in extraordinary circumstances, articles exceeding the limitations below, which include text, footnotes, and appendices, will not be published.
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Footnotes should comply with The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th ed. 2015).
- Language: Human right is an international field. When American English and British English grammatical or spelling conventions differ, please use the American English standard.
How to Submit
Please send your submissions via email to hlshrj[at]mail.law.harvard.edu with a subject line beginning with “Online Submission” and including the author’s name.
Please attach your submission as a Microsoft Word document and include a recent resume or CV. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
Other Call for Submissions posts for International Journals:
- Call for Submissions by Harvard Law Review [HLR]: Submissions Accepted on a Rolling Basis
- Call for Submissions by Harvard Business Law Review [HBLR, Online]: Accepting for Online Submissions
- Call for Online Submissions by Harvard International Law Journal [HILJ]: Submissions Accepted on Rolling Basis
- Call for Articles by Stanford Law Review Online [SLR Online]: Accepting Submissions!