Harvard International Law Journal (HILJ) is accepting submissions for three of their online sections: Perspectives, Essays, and Comment, for its 62nd Volume.
Harvard International Law Journal (HILJ) is a student-edited journal. It is the oldest and the most-cited journal of international law.
HILJ covers a variety of international issues and topics in public and private international law. Their articles have been cited in decisions by the United States Supreme Court, European Court of Justice, International Court of Justice, Iran-United States Claims Tribunal, and World Trade Organization Dispute Panels.
The Journal leads discussion and debate on international law at Harvard Law School by hosting speakers and an annual symposium.
About the Opportunity
Submissions from legal scholars, practitioners, and students pursuing post-graduate degrees on topics of private international law, public international law, comparative law with significant implications on international law, and interdisciplinary work, are welcome.
- Perspectives: Commentary and analysis of the most recent developments in international law. This includes analyses of recent decisions by international courts or domestic courts when those decisions have a significant impact on international law.
Word Limit: No more than 2,500 words
- Essays: Analyses on topics related to international law that are of longer length.
Topics of public international law, private international law, and comparative law with significant implications on international law, although submissions addressing contemporary, cutting-edge issues related to international law will be given priority.
Word Limit: 5,000-7,000 words
- Comment: Online extension of the Journal’s print publication.
Each article in this section builds directly on one of the articles in the print archives, adding criticism, additional context, or comparison to situations in other fields.
Word Limit: No more than 5,000 words
- Responses to and criticism of others’ published works are also accepted.
- Citations should be done through hyperlinking wherever necessary.
- Including rich media is allowed.
- Submissions addressing contemporary, cutting-edge issues related to international law will be given priority.
- Footnote citations: The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (most recent edition)
- Accepted after approval of a proposal only.
- Proposals should include a short description of the Comment, its connection to a specific article in the print archives, and the author’s CV.
- Perspective must be submitted in a Word Format along with the author’s CV to iljonline[at]mail.law.harvard.edu, with the words “Perspectives Submission” in the subject line.
- Essays (completed article) must be submitted in Word format, along with the author’s CV, to iljonline[at]mail.law.harvard.edu, with the words “Essays Submission” in the subject line.
- Proposals for the Comments should include a short description of the Comment, its connection to a specific article in the print archives, and the author’s CV. The proposal is to be sent in the body of an email to iljonline[at]mail.law.harvard.edu with “Comment Proposal” in the subject line.
Write to iljonline[at]mail.law.harvard.edu for any queries.
More posts that you might be interested in
- CfP: White Black Legal Journal of Law [Vol 2 Issue 5, Indexed, PIF 6.435]: Submit by Nov 6 [Extended]
- Call for Blogs: The Indian Journal of International Economic Law [IJIEL] by NLSIU: Rolling Submissions
- Call for Blogs: Law and Poli-tea: Rolling Submissions
- Call for Chapters: International Journal for Legal Research and Analysis Edited Book [Vol 1, Issue 1, ISBN BOOK]: Submit by Nov 10
- Call for Online Submissions by Harvard Human Rights Journal [HHRJ]: Submissions on a Rolling Basis
- Call for Papers: Journal on Governance by NLU, Jodhpur [Vol 4, Issue 1]: Submit by Nov 15
- CfP: La Senatus Scriptors’ 4th Juriscriptor Research Competition [ISSN- 2582-6638]: Submit by Nov 10
- CfP: Supremo Amicus Vol 22 + 21st Research Paper Competition, INDEXED (Google Scholar, ROAD), PIF:6.242 [Prizes Worth Rs. 30k + Internship]: Submit by Nov 10