Adhyayan Foundation for Policy and Research (AFPR) is seeking to engage Contributing Authors for its magazine ‘The Democratic Line’, to fill 3 vacancies of the same.
About the Organisation
Adhyayan Foundation For Policy And Research
Adhyayan Foundation for Policy & Research (AFPR) is an independent not for profit, research and educational organization dedicated to producing quality research to help in the formulation, assessment, and implementation of public policies. We aim at covering a wide range of issues that are of significance to this country from economy to administrative efficiency and from legal lacunas to international affairs. We strive towards bridging the gap in policymaking for the wholesome growth and development of our country.
About the Opportunity
The Democratic Line
Published from Lucknow, The Democratic Line is a monthly journal issued under the name of AFPR, a policy think tank (registration- NPC [section 8] Companies Act)
The distinctive feature of The Democratic Line is to bring together the academicians, researchers, policymakers, lawyers, experts and activists coming from different fields to debate and discuss various social science disciplines (Political Studies, Legal Studies, Economic Studies, International Relations) and bring in a unique platform for both knowledge and opportunity.
Call for Contributing Authors
Adhyayan Foundation invites applications from motivated students across India to take advantage of this learning opportunity by joining the Content Team for its monthly publication ‘The Democratic Line’ to ensure engaging, thought-provoking, original and contemporary publications.
Contributing Author for The Democratic Line: 3 positions.
The position is for 3+3 months, a total of 6 months period, which shall continue for the second phase of 3 months on the basis of performance of the student.
- For the position of Contributing Author, preference will be given to candidates who are pursuing either law or social science.
- The applicant must possess a strong command of the English language.
- The applicant must have strong research and analysis skills.
- Awareness about contemporary laws and policies, and a general grasp on current affairs will be valuable.
- Publication in The Democratic Line Magazine.
- Assistance with topic-selection, editing, etc.
- All credit shall duly be given to the contributor.
- A Certificate of Appreciation at the end of the stipulated duration.
- A chance to work with the Adhyayan Foundation for Policy and Research in other capacities (if interested).
- Timings shall be flexible.
- All positions are unpaid.
How to Apply?
For the position of Contributing Author: Send us your CV and a written sample of your work (preferably related to a contemporary legal or policy issue.) at thedemocraticline[at]gmail.com. with the subject head “Application for Contributing Authors”
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their submitted sample and will subsequently be contacted for a basic interview call. For any other queries, feel free to reach out to us on the aforementioned email ID.
Last date for applying is October 31, 2021, by 23:59 hrs.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.