ICFAI’s Book on Emerging Issues in Environmental Law is inviting submissions by way of a Call for Chapters for its book on ‘Guide to Issues & Challenges in Environment and Related Laws: A Handbook’.
About the Book
The Centre for Environmental Law, Policy Education & Development (CELPED) a research Centre on Environmental Law at The ICFAI University, ICFAI Law School invites professionals, faculty members, researchers and students of law to contribute research articles to be considered for publication in a proposed book, to be published under the aegis of the University. Any original scholarly work providing multi-disciplinary discussions on the environment and following the general theme outlined hereunder shall be considered for publication as part of the Book by the Editorial Board.
ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI University, Dehradun is inviting for chapters for its book on ‘Guide to Issues & Challenges in Environment and Related Laws: A Handbook’.
The Proposed book through its contentious theme-based topics, will attempt to build on the needs and explore the complex and unique interplay between the Environmental Law and Climate Change, Advocacy, Biodiversity, Wildlife Management, Ecological & Sustainable Development, Human Rights, Trade Law and Urban Development aiming to establish dialogue and forward solutions on major environmental issues and challenges from a National and International Perspective.
Title of the Book: ‘Guide to Issues & Challenges in Environment and Related Laws: A Handbook’
Editors: Professor (Dr.) Yugal Kishore, Mr. Vishal Bera, Ms. Anushmi Jain
Publisher: ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI University, Dehradun
The list is not exhaustive, and contributions can be made on any other related topics.
- Climate Change and Climate Justice
- Environmental Advocacy
- Biodiversity Laws in India
- Wildlife Management and Conflict
- Advent of Ecological Development
- Environment and Sustainable Development
- Constitution of India and Environmental Jurisprudence
- Environment and Human Rights
- Environment and Trade Laws
- Environment and Urban Development
- Ozone Depletion and Related Laws
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Laws Related to Air
- Laws Related to Water
- Laws Related to Land
- Co-Authorship is allowed. However, there can be a maximum of three co-authors in one chapter.
- The title of the chapter should be appropriate and relevant to the topic.
- The abstract should mention the novelty of the idea which the author wishes to put forth. It should also mention the outcome of the research paper.
- The authors of the selected abstracts shall submit their papers in the format prescribed.
- The paper shall be original and unpublished. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected. The paper should not be the repetition of any published work.
- The word limit should be between 4000-10,000 words including footnotes.
- The submission should be accompanied with a covering letter specifying the author’s name, designation, institution, contact number, and e-mail ID.
- Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Footnotes should conform to Bluebook 20th Edition.
- The body of the paper shall be in Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 line spacing. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 single line spacing.
- A margin of 4 centimeter shall be left on all sides of the paper.
- Page borders, headers, footers shall not be used.
- The paper shall be in MS Word Format.
The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the publisher.
All entries will be reviewed by the editors before publication.
How to Submit?
Entries may be emailed to icfaicelped[at]iudehradun.edu.in under the subject heading “Submission of Chapter for the Book”.
- Last Date of Abstract Submission: 15th April, 2021
- Last Date of Chapter Submission: 31st May, 2021
Authors who do not follow these guidelines may have their submission returned to them without being reviewed.
- Ms. Anushmi Jain; 9837145969
- Mr. Vishal Bera; 9830558751