Submissions are invited through a call for chapters for an edited book on Legal Research Methodology by Dr. Ashish Kumar Srivastava, is an Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow.
Title of The Book
Legal Research Methodology
About the Book
Legal research landscape in India is not in good shape. This Armageddon needs a deep and pervasive reform from upside down. Repetitive doctrinal researches have to be avoided. A culture of value-based quality research has to be promoted and fostered. Students are to be trained in drafting good research plan, focusing on research problem, literature review, hypotheses, research methodology.
Doctrinal and non-doctrinal research methods comprising qualitative and quantitative analysis of data has to be detailed out at very early stage of learning of law. Law Schools have to evolve the necessary infrastructure and ecosystem for quality and sumptuous legal researches.
The Legal Researched have been primarily doctrinal and now the movement is towards empirical/non-doctrinal researches. Data mining from Government Databases to validate the hypothesis is picking up pace in India. The Legal Research Methodology is going through a sea change.
This book is an attempt to bring the authors of Pan India to pour their deliberations on Research Methods. The editor is making a call for chapters from interested people to contribute to the book on Legal Research Methodology.
- Legal Research Indian & International Scenario, Problems & Prospects
- Legal Research Types, Tools & Techniques
- Sponsored Researches, Research Agencies, Research Grant Utilization, Conflict Of Research
- Regulation Of Academic Research, Dilemma & Confusion
- Doctrinal Legal Research
- Non-Doctrinal Legal Research
- Quantitative & Qualitative Data Analysis
- Critical, Historical, Comparative, Philosophical, Analytical, Exploratory, Descriptive, Diagnostic Research Method
- Research Tools & Techniques
- Research Design, Hypothesis, Plan & Literature Survey, Literature Review
- Socio-Legal Studies
- Legal Impact Studies
- Action Research Method
- Feminist Legal Research
- Data Collections & Data Analysis
- Questionnaire, Interview, Sampling, Scaling
- Research Data Collection, Web Scrapping, Data Importing, Data Analysis
- Research Report Writing & Publication, Indexing, Open Access Publication
- Plagiarism & Academic Theft, Copyright, Copyleft, Fair Use, Moral Rights Of Authors
- Referencing & Footnoting, Reference Management Tools
- ICT & Legal Research, Research Software, Technology & Research
- Research Ethics, Honesty & Integrity Of Research, Research Manipulations
- Transdisciplinary & Inter-Disciplinary Research, Critical & Collaborative Researches
- Data Mining, Data Importing & Data Interpretation
- Traditional Knowledge, Indigenous Knowledge & Indigenous Research
- Reforms In Academic Researches
- Data Scraping & Web Scraping
The author may write on any of the aforementioned issue and collateral issues aligned to the abovementioned theme. The chapter must be update on the issue in a critical and analytical manner.
The book shall be published by a publisher of repute. There shall be no charges for publication.
The authors have to follow following submission guidelines:
- The Chapter must contain an Abstract of 250 words and Keywords. Chapter must mention the Author Details. Only one Co-author shall be allowed.
- The Chapter must be between 5000 to 8000 words including footnotes.
- The Chapter must be in Times New Roman Font Size 11, Foot Note Size 10.
- For Citation and Referencing OSCOLA, 4th Edition, 2012 must be referred.
- The Editors have Zero Tolerance Policy towards Plagiarism/Infringement of Copyrights. Authors shall be responsible for all referencing and they shall have to take due permissions from authors and publishers for referencing.
- The Chapters shall be scanned on Anti-Plagiarism Software. The UGC (Promotion of Academic Integrity and Prevention of Plagiarism in Higher Educational Institutions) Regulations, 2018 shall be strictly adhered.
- The law discussed in chapter must be update, crisp, pinpointed. The chapter must be properly structured, coherent, lucid and analytical.
- The Chapters shall be screened by Editors and Editors reserve their right to reject any submission.
- Editors may make suitable and necessary changes to the submissions for the betterment, efficiency and orientation to the subject.
How to Submit?
All submissions for the call for chapters on Legal research Methodology must be made to email@example.com
About the Editor
Dr. Ashish Kumar Srivastava, is an Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow. He graduated from Law School, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi with Gold Medal. He was awarded Junior Research Fellowship by University Grants Commission.
He started his academic career at National Law University Jodhpur. He has Fourteen years’ experience of teaching at Under Graduate and Post Graduate Law Programme. He has co-authored a Book on Property Laws published by Lexis Nexis. He has authored a Book on Law on Partnership published by Thomson Reuters. He has published an Edited Book on Corporate Governance by Thomson Reuters.
He has prepared modules for EPG Pathshala Programme of Ministry of Human Resource Development on Company Law. He has delivered lectures at HRDC, UGC Lucknow, HAL, Indian Railway Institute of Transport Management. He did his Ph.D. on Corporate Insolvency.
He has several publications to his credit in reputed publications of ICPS, AIR, NLS Bangalore, National Law University New Delhi. He has successfully guided four academic researches. He is associated with 3 Minor Research Projects.
- Last Date Of Submission of Abstract: July 15, 2022
- Screening Of Abstract: July 25, 2022
- Review Of Chapters: September 25, 2022
- Last Date Of Revised Submission: September 30, 2022
In case of queries, contact Dr. Ashish Kumar Srivastava, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow, at firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile: +91 89606 75643.
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com