The Centre for Environmental Law, Advocacy and Research (CELAR) of NLUJA Assam is inviting submissions by way of a Call for Book Chapters on Environmental and Natural Resources Management Laws, with special emphasis on North-East India.
About the Book
The biodiversity-rich North-East has always been on an enigmatic absence in the history of India. These socio-economic, cultural, and traditional subtleties of this region that are considered to be marginal, have mostly not engrossed the kind of attention that they should have. However, time is changing and its status as terra incognita is also changing. Several pieces of literature from diverse disciplines have started highlighting its environmental significance and associated diverse challenges.
This unexplored melting pot of biological and natural resources-rich region has now drawn significant attention in legal literature as well but the dearth still remains.
Call for Book Chapters
To fill this gap, the torch-bearing- first National Law University of North-East India is now aiming to publish a scholastic book, highlighting some of the existing and emerging challenges pertaining to the enviro-legal aspects of the management and sustainable utilization of its natural and biological resources.
Jurists, academicians, law practitioners, research scholars and students could contribute chapters for this initiative.
The proposed book will be published by a renowned international or national publisher with ISBN in the year 2022.
Themes of the Proposed Book
- Oil, Natural Gas and Disaster Management with Special Emphasis on North-East India
- Power Projects, EIA & The Socio-Legal Challenges
- Wetlands Conservation and Ecosystem Services with respect to North-East India
- Business Investments and Natural Resources of North-East India- The Legal Dimension
- Bioprospecting of Indigenous Biological Resources of North-East India
- Vulnerability of Forest and Wildlife Resources of North-East India-Laws, Policies and Practices
- Customary Norms and Standards on Environmental Management
- Tribal Rights and Forest Conservation in North-East India Traditional Knowledge, Benefit Sharing and Biodiversity Conservation of North-East India
- Enviro-Legal Facets of Adaptive Strategies Measures to Combat Climate Change and Mitigation
- Land Use, Land Use Change and Climate Change in the context of North-East
- Gender Inclusiveness in North-east India with Respect to Environmental Management Mines and Minerals Regulation and Development in The Context of North-East
- Any other theme related to the book.
- The manuscripts should be the original work of the author and they should not be published elsewhere.
- The submissions for the chapters should comprise of a brief abstract (max 300 words along with keywords)
- Each submission will undergo screening of reviewers and final acceptance of the submissions is subject to the decision of Editors on the basis of the recommendations of the reviewers.
- The abstract and full chapter should reach on or before January 31st, 2022 Selected papers will be published in the form of an edited book. Contributors are required to conform to the Uniform Citation Style of Indian Law Institute.
- All submissions and queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject titled “NRM BOOK CHAPTER 2022”
- The Book will be published by a renowned International/National Publisher with ISBN in the year 2022.
January 31st, 2022
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com