OP Jindal Global University’s CCGE is inviting submissions for its Global Citizens Blog by way of a Call for Blogs. The submissions are accepted on a rolling basis.
About OP Jindal Global University
OP Jindal Global (Institution of Eminence Deemed to be University) is a non-profit global university established in 2009 by the Government of Haryana and recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The university has received the highest grade ‘A’ of the National Accreditation & Assessment Council (NAAC). In 2019, JGU was awarded the prestigious ‘Institution of Eminence’ status by the Government of India.
JGU is a research-intensive university deeply committed to its core institutional values of interdisciplinarity and innovative pedagogy; pluralism and rigorous scholarship; and globalism and international engagement. With leading researchers, modern facilities and innovative learning culture, JGU are committed to providing high-quality education, delivering research and supporting scholarship that is highly valued by its local and global communities.
About Centre for Comparative and Global Education (CCGE)
The Centre for Comparative and Global Education (CCGE) at OP Jindal Global (Institution of Eminence Deemed to be University) will conduct research and facilitate knowledge exchange on international issues of education by inviting comparative education scholars from abroad to learn from educational experiences of people around the world.
It seeks to generate such comparative thinking about education systems, problems of educational transfer within the historic colonial context and in contemporary times of globalization. In doing so, CCGE seeks to advocate for the teaching, research and practice of comparative education in Universities within India and around the world to further inform the contemporary debates on education policy and practice.
About Global Citizen Blog
The Global Citizens blog is the official blog of the Centre for Comparative and Global Education (CCGE), OP Jindal Global University. It is a student-led initiative that aims to provide a space for student voices and experiences from around the world. Their primary objective is to document individual experiences on socially and culturally relevant topics and promote conversation about them.
- The rolling theme for the blog is ‘Global Citizenship’. The Blog looking for reflective narratives from authors, along with pictures (they must be free for re-use, with the source link) that contribute or relate to the narrative.
- It is to be noted that the theme is not exhaustive in nature. They invite submissions under the broad purview of global connectivity and related issues like mental health, queer experiences and so on.
- The article must contain either an author’s opinion or an anecdotal experience on the theme.
- Articles successfully published on this blog will be advertised in the Centre for Comparative and Global Education’s e-newsletter.
- The word limit can range from 1000-1500 words, and all works need to be the author’s original creation.
- If the work you submit has been published elsewhere before, please specify that, along with the details of the same.
- Your document should be in the form of an online, shareable pdf/word document.
- Please include a title page with the name of your document, your name, your institutional affiliation (if possible), and your year of study.
- The blogs also accepts co-authored pieces. You can have a look at our latest posts on the blog to get a further understanding of what we are looking for.
- The submissions are accepted on a rolling basis.
- You can submit your pieces at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc the Editor-in-Chief at email@example.com
Feel free to reach out to us in case of any queries at