CAN Foundation’s Vedanam is inviting submissions through a ‘Call for Blogs’ on Intellectual Property Law or IP Law, on the occasion of World IP Day.
About the Blog
CAN Foundation’s Vedanam believes that initiating and engaging in legal discourse on topics of contemporary relevance is essential to attaining proficiency in any field. The Blog aims to publish well-researched, contemporary articles with an analytical outlook. In doing so, Vedanam would not only supplement the legal literature on a range of topical issues but also realize the object and vision of the CAN foundation in increasing access to legal literacy.
Call for Blogs
Vedanam, on the occasion of World IP Day, is inviting submissions that fall within the vast universe of intellectual property law; with a focus on the potential of young people to find new solutions that support the transition to a sustainable future.
World Intellectual Property Day is observed on April 26 every year to commemorate and learn about the significant role of intellectual property (IP) rights in day-to-day lives, specifically encouraging innovation & creativity.
This year, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) has sought to recognize young people’s huge potential and contribution to finding new and better solutions that support the transition to a sustainable future. The theme, as decided by WIPO, for World Intellectual Property Day 2022 focuses on the youth as an incredible and largely untapped source of ingenuity and creativity – “IP and Youth: Innovating for a Better Future.”
Fresh perspectives, energy, curiosity, and “can do” attitude, not to mention hunger for a better future displayed by youth all across the globe, are already reshaping approaches and driving action for innovation and change.
To take this further and celebrate World Intellectual Day, Vedanam is inviting blogs on the broad theme suggested by WIPO, namely “IP and Youth: Innovating for a Better Future”.
Blogs may cover new age concepts popularized by youth, case studies on recent innovations/innovators, or how IP rights fit into a generation that prefers bite-sized information and short-form content.
Who can Submit?
Submissions from law students, legal professionals, academicians, Research Scholars, and students and experts from other disciplines whose work is informative for law and initiates a discourse on issues of contemporary relevance are welcome.
Please ensure that the submissions reach us on or before April 22, 2022.
- All works submitted must be original and unpublished. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication on the Blog.
- The word limit for the manuscript is 1200-2000 words.
- Co-authorship is permitted for up to a maximum of two authors.
- The body of the manuscript must have – Font style: Garamond; Font Size: 13; Line Spacing: 1.5; Alignment: Justified.
- All the relevant sources must be duly acknowledged and hyperlinked in the manuscript’s text.
- The decision about the acceptance or rejection of the manuscript shall be communicated to the authors within 10 days from receiving the submission through E-Mail.
The detailed guidelines that need to be adhered to, for the submission can be accessed here.
How to Submit?
- All manuscripts must be sent to email@example.com with the subject ‘Submission for Vedanam – World IP Day 2022’.
- The author’s (s) details should not be mentioned in the file containing the article.
- Author(s) must include their full name, institution/organization, email address, photograph, and bio in a separate cover letter.
- Authors(s) are also required to submit a declaration of originality. The declaration can be found uploaded on Vedanam’s website.