Army Law College, Pune is calling for submissions for its journal called JALCP for the A.Y. 2022-23 in the form of articles and comments.
About Army Law College, Pune
Army Law College, Pune was established in July 2018 with a noble objective of imparting quality legal education to the children of our brave, patriotic & selfless Army Personnel. The College is governed and managed by Army Welfare Education Society (AWES), which is a non-profit organisation, registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860, since in 1983.
It is the second professional College to be established in Pune under AWES, after Army Institute of Technology (AIT). Army Law College, Pune is affiliated to ‘Savitribai Phule Pune University’ (SPPU) which has been ranked 11 th in the 2021 National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
The College is approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and Government of Maharashtra. It offers a five-year B.B.A, LL. B integrated course with a student intake of 60 seats (Exclusively for the children of Army Personnel).
About the Journal of Army Law College Pune (JALCP)
Journal of Army Law College (JALCP) is an Annual Peer-reviewed publication of Army Law College, Pune. The resplendent & benevolent response of the legal luminaries shall be requisitioned to warrant readers to explore challenging possibilities & obstacles that exist ergo challenge lawmakers, lawyers and the society at large, in light of the dynamic social, economic and technological scenario.
The principal objective of JALCP is to spread legal awareness, bring out and propagate the opinions of the legal fraternity and provide a forum for interaction between academia, practitioners, and students. Army Law College Pune has applied for ISSN number for the Journal.
The contributions in the form of Articles and Comments (on Court Judgment/Legislation) are invited from
academicians, lawyers, judges and doctoral law students (Ph. D students) for the AY 2022-23 Issue to be published in February 2023.
- Long Articles: (6000-10000 words excluding footnotes)
- Short Articles: (3000-5000 words excluding footnotes)
- Case or Legislative Comments: (2000-3000 words excluding footnotes)
- A signed copy of the “Covering Letter” and “Copyright & Plagiarism Declaration” shall be scanned and emailed along with the contribution to jalcp2021[at]gmail.com
- The Covering Letter shall mention the name/s of the author/s, designation/status, institutional affiliation, if any, postal address, email ID and mobile number.
- The declaration should be done to the following effect:
- Declaration: “I/we declare that the manuscript is original and not published by me/us on any other platform previously. I/we would be solely responsible for any dispute arising out of my/our manuscript including copyright, defamation, objectionable content or contempt and agree to suffer the loss, if any, caused by violating copyright or any other rights.”
- The hard copies of the manuscript including, “Covering Letter” and “Copyright & Plagiarism Declaration” shall be sent by Speed Post to the following address “Army Law College Pune, At post – Kanhe, Saibaba Seva Dham, Old Mumbai-Pune Highway, Taluka – Vadgaon, Pune – 412106.”
- The Copyright of any contribution made for the publication of ‘JALCP’ shall solely remain with Army Law College, Pune.
- Articles must be accompanied by an Abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- The Abstract must be followed by Keywords and shall reflect the synopsis of the article, the objective/s of writing the article and the author’s perspective. It must be accompanied by a Cover
- Page stating the following: Title of the paper; Name of Author(s); Designation; Name of Institute/Organization; E-mail Address; Contact Number; Postal Address. Complete names of all the author(s) must be written.
- The first page of the manuscript should contain the Title of the paper, Name/s of the author/s followed by an Abstract and Keywords. The second page should commence with the main body of the manuscript.
- All works must be original, unpublished, and must not be pending for review with any other journal.
- The Title of the manuscript should be appropriate.
- The submission should NOT be plagiarized. It must be free from grammatical, spelling and other errors.
- Please ensure that you submit your manuscript as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx). All manuscripts submitted as PDF files will be returned back.
- While it is advisable to adhere to the word limit of each category, the journal may be flexible on the word limit depending on the quality of the article.
- The submissions shall be in Times New Roman (Size 12) with double spacing. The file name must be in the following format: Topic_Author Name.docx
- The Title of the article should be equal or not more than 100 characters.
- Footnotes must be in Times New Roman, Size 10, with 1.0 line spacing.
- Citations must conform to OSCOLA citation rules (Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities, Fourth Edition).
- Failure to use OSCOLA may result in the rejection of papers.
- Manuscripts must be formatted with all references, including URLs, cited within footnotes. Use OSCOLA formatting when referencing all sources.
- Cases should be cited in italics using the full name of the parties along with the full citation in the first instance. If used as a defined term, it should be made bold, italicized and placed inside (parenthesis) at the first occurrence. Thereafter, the defined term should continue to be used in italics. For example, ABC v Union of India (ABC).
- All headings must have uniform formatting.
- All sub-headings must be left aligned, in bold.
- Statutes and legislations must be mentioned by their full name including the year, at the first
- occurrence. For example, Competition Act 2002.
- A margin of 4 cm shall be left on all sides of the paper. Page borders shall not be used. Underlines or other design objects must not be included in the paper.
- Emphasis must be indicated by italicizing the relevant word or phrase.
- All Manuscripts must end with the Reference Section.
- The last date for submission of Abstract along with a Cover Page is July 31, 2022.
- Acceptance of the Abstracts would be communicated on or before August 15, 2022.
- The last date for submitting contributions in the form of Long Articles/ Short Articles/ Case Comments is October 15, 2022.
- The Editorial Team will inform the author/s about the decision of the Editorial Board, made after the Peer-review, within 30 days from the date of submission of the contribution through email.
- The journal will be published in February 2023.
For any further queries, you may contact:
- Faculty Editor, Prof. Chandramani S. Bhalerao: +91 96575 01701; +91 93094 25464
- Student Editor, Mr. Parthik Choudhury, Convener- Legal Journal Editorial Cell, ALC Pune: +91 81349 61429
- Student Editor, Ms. Rakshita Singh, Co-Convener- Legal Journal Editorial Cell, ALC Pune: +91 9354310785, +91 94563 14883
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com