The Society of Law and Literature at NLU Odisha is seeking articles through call for articles for publication on their website.
About the Society of Law and Literature
Society of Law and Literature, as the name suggests, not only revolves around various legal literary works but also certain extra-curricular activities, for instance, street play, theatre etc. It is a known fact that judges while deciding various cases, tend to talk more about literature because, to look into the depths of a particular matter, one may have a different path.
Literature brings interpretation skills and opens the gateway of perspectives. Legal jurists have, since the creation of law, resorted to literature’s flexibility and fluidity to annex definition to legal norms, to fill the loopholes of legal mistakes, or simply to convert complex legalese to the layman’s tongue.
Call for Articles
The Society of Law and Literature at NLU Odisha is seeking articles for publication on their website. The articles will be going through a double-blind peer-review process, and the selected ones will be published on our official website.
Submission Guidelines of the Article
Mode of submissions: All the submissions should be mailed to email@example.com
The subject of the mail should be titled as “Submission”
- Authors: All submissions must be supplemented by a cover letter that includes the name of the author/s, organizational affiliation, headline, and category of the submission.
- Nature of Submissions: The Society of Law and Literature, as the name implies, focuses not only on legal and literary writings but also encompasses extracurricular activities such as street play, theatre, film review, and so on. It is well known that when deciding individual cases, judges prefer to engage in semantic jugglery to relate better to the various facets of a social structure that get reflected in a judgment.
- Plagiarism: The submission should reflect the original and unpublished work of the author(s). The article, however, permits a maximum similarity index of 10%, and in no case shall a submission exceed this permissible limit.
- Word-Limit: The submissions shall ideally range between 1500 to 5000 words. This word limit is exclusive of the endnotes and any explanatory notes. The article, however, accepts submissions exceeding this word limit if it is deemed necessary in light of the issue at hand.
- Format: All submissions shall be made in Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) format. The submission should adhere to the following formatting style: Font: Times New Roman; Font Size: 12; Line spacing: 1.5; Margin: 2.5 inches from all sides, and Alignment: Justified.
- Citations: All endnotes shall adhere to the uniform Bluebook 20th Edition citation style. The Citations may be relaxed for the novice writers on the condition that they declare their intent to do so. For Endnotes, the following formatting style shall adhere to Font: Times New Roman; Font size: 10; Line spacing: 1 and Alignment: Justified.
- Anonymity: The author shall maintain anonymity throughout the article and not disclose their name, institution’s name, or any other information identifying the author in the article file.
The Article submission will be accepted till 11:59 PM on June 20, 2022.