IDIA is inviting members by a Call for applications to be part of the Training & Materials Central Vertical, in the capacity of Members for the year 2021-2022.
About IDIA Training and Materials Central Vertical
IDIA was initiated by Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer to reach out to the marginalized and under-represented groups, sensitize them to the law as a viable career option and help interested students acquire admission in law schools, which are otherwise increasingly elitist spaces. The hope is that increasing access to legal education would contribute immensely to the empowerment of the marginalized and underprivileged students and the communities they represent.
The Training and Materials Central Vertical (T&M) of IDIA is responsible for preparing trainees for CLAT and other law entrance examinations. The work of members will include preparing and organizing:
1. Learning Material
To adapt to the new CLAT pattern that is heavily analytical and comprehension-based, we aim to create extensive material that our trainees can utilize to learn concepts and read faster. This will include creating short explanations in very simple language on legal, mathematical, English, logical, and general knowledge questions that frequent the new pattern.
2. Mock Tests
You will be required to create mock tests. The work would entail:
- Creating and proof reading mock tests calibrated to different difficulty levels.
- Administering tests and analysing test results so as to give detailed feedback.
About the Position
- The commitment period of a member is for a year.
- Members will be taken for each of the subjects forming part of the CLAT pattern namely English, Maths, Logical Reasoning, Legal Reasoning and General Knowledge.
- While you have the option of applying for more than one subject, it should be made clear that you will ultimately be selected only for one position.
The minimum qualifications for this post are the following:
- The T&M Vertical must be first priority. You should be able to spare at least 5-6 hours a week for this work.
- It is essential that you believe in and be committed to IDIA’ cause.
- Good communication skills along with leadership qualities are also a must.
How to Apply?
Those interested in applying may fill in this form and prepare a set of 20 questions(as per the new CLAT pattern) on their preferred choice of subject. The deadline to fill in the form and submit the assignment is 11:59 PM, Wednesday, 28 July 2021.
The assignments should be uploaded on the above-mentioned google form and kindly name the files you upload as ‘<Your Name>_<Preferred subject>’ (e.g., XYZ_Legal Reasoning.docx). Please also email your assignment(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
Selection Process (Assignment)
This assignment will essentially entail the preparation of 20 questions on your preferred choice of subject. The questions must be based on CLAT’s new pattern and adherence to the same will be the primary criteria of evaluation.
For submitting your assignment, prepare a word document containing the set of questions, along with a separate word document having answers accompanied by brief explanations. Each question must have 4 options, as per CLAT’s format, and must follow a uniform numbering format. Kindly refrain from plagiarising questions from other sources. While the passages/excerpts may be the same, the questions have to be original.
Evaluation will be based on:
- Adherence to the new pattern
- Accuracy of questions
- Originality of the submissions
- Formatting: Please make sure the questions fall in a uniform numbered list. (For reference, see attached word document “Numbering Sample”). It is imperative that all questions (as well as their options) under one heading be connected in a single, automatic numbered list.
- Quality of answer explanations.
Applicants having past experience with similar projects are encouraged to apply, although that is not a strict requirement for selection. Members of regional teams are also encouraged to apply.
Note to the applicants: IDIA suggests you go through the guide to UG CLAT-2020 available here, before starting with the assignments. The word limit for questions is also given in the above-mentioned guide, conformity with the same is expected and will also be taken into account for evaluation. For illustration purposes, sample questions are available here and here.
All submissions must be completed by 11:59 PM, Wednesday, July 28th, 2021. In case of any doubt(s), please feel free to write to email@example.com
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.