The ADR Centre of Law College Dehradun is organizing a brainstorming session on the topic Mediation: Competitive Perspective and Key Insight, on 22nd May.
About the Organizer
Law College Dehradun, as a flagship institution of Uttaranchal University under the aegis of Sushila Devi Centre for Professional Studies and Research, was established in the year 2002, as the first independent Law College of Uttarakhand.
About the Brainstorming Session
“Mediation is one of the most effective tools of non-violence. It can turn parties away from conflict, towards compromise.” The brainstorming session solely focuses on enlightening the participants on the competitive perspective of Mediation. This session is a unique opportunity for the participants to sharpen the skills required to effectively participate in various mediation competitions and make their way to success.
The sessions will encompass various aspects of a Mediation Competition such as understanding the concept from scratch, duties, and responsibilities of each role in the session, skills of analyzing the proposition, and subsequently resolving the dispute. Providing key insights on Mediation is the prime purpose of this session. After the insightful session by the honorable keynote speaker, the participants will also get a chance to clarify their doubts and enhance their knowledge.
- Process of mediation, the role of a mediator & positives of mediation.
- Exploring different approaches towards conflict management.
- Keys to successful mediation.
About the Speaker
Ms. Gunavathi Subramaniam has been in practice for 33 years. She is a mediator in Malaysian Mediation Center and Bar Council. She has mediated many commercial and family disputes, having had more than 20 years of experience in alternative dispute resolution methods. She has trained more than 500 mediators on behalf of the Malaysian Judiciary, Malaysian Mediation Centre, Bank Negara Malaysia, and other organizations.
Who can Attend?
The Law College Dehradun, Faculty of Uttaranchal University invites legal professionals, research scholars, and law students to learn for an expert of the field.
Participants shall register for the brainstorming session by filling this online registration form latest by May 21, 2021.
The session shall be conducted through an online platform Zoom and each and every participant is required to download the application for the smooth functioning of the session.
For any questions or queries regarding the brainstorming session please feel free to write to lcdadrseries[at]uttaranchaluniversity.ac.in
Click here for the official brochure.
Interested in Webinars? Then, these might interest you.
- ASEAN Youth Organization’s Webinar on Regulatory & Career Aspects in MSME Sector and Role of MSMEs in Entrepreneurship [May 22]: Register Now!
- JKILS’ Free Webinar on How to Crack Judiciary: The 10 Golden Rules [May 23, Sun, 4.30-6 PM]: Register Now
- Discussing Prisons, Prisoners and Books with Sunetra Choudhury | May 28 [8-9.30 PM] : Lawctopus Law School Book Club
- National Webinar on ‘Financial Inclusion in India: Legal and Policy Perspectives’ by SLS Hyderabad [May 23; 11 AM]: Register by May 22
- NLSIU’s Webinar on Industrial Use and Handling of Mercury in India [May 21, 3-5:30 PM]: Register Now!