Applications are invited from eligible candidates to prepare Select List of 24, 13 and 17 candidates to appoint as Law Clerk on contract basis on the establishment of the High Court of Bombay and its bench offices at Nagpur and Aurangabad respectively.
The following categories of applicants shall be eligible to apply for selection as Law Clerks :
- Fresh Law Graduates who have passed the final LL.B. Examination in the first attempt with a minimum of 55% marks
Candidates possessing a Post Graduate Degree in Law.
- The High Court may consider giving preference to candidates holding a Post Graduate Degree in Law.
- Candidates must have basic knowledge in the use of Computers/Laptop and software relating to case laws.
- The candidates must not be less than 21 years of age or more than 30 years of age, on the date of his recommendation by the Principal of the concerned Law College, or by the respective Presidents of the Bar Associations.
- Eligible Candidates who are recommended by the Principals of the Law Colleges or Presidents of Bar Associations named in the official notification below will have to appear for a personal interview at the High Court, Bombay at their own cost on the date and time to be notified.
- Selection shall be based on merit. The list of selected candidates shall be subject to the approval of the Honourable the Chief Justice.
Honorarium of Law Clerks
- Each Law Clerk will be paid a consolidated amount of Rs. 20,000 per month as Stipend / Honorarium for the assignment, or such amount as may be prescribed from time to time by the Government.
- Law Clerks will not be entitled to any other allowances and will not be treated or deemed to be in the regular employment of the High Court.
How to apply
Applicants should submit the application (given here) alongwith his/her self attested documents upon recommended by the Principals of aforesaid institutions / Presidents of Bar Associations addressed to the Registrar (Personnel), High Court, Appellate Side, Bombay, 5th floor, New Mantralaya Building, G. T. Hospital Compound, Behind Ashoka Shopping Centre, Near Crowford Market, L.T. Marg, Mumbai–400 001 on or before 23rd January, 2019 till 5.00 p.m. by Speed Post/R.P.A.D./Hand delivery/Courier.
The Applications received thereafter will not be considered. The cover containing the application shall be super scribed as : “Application for Appointment of Law Clerk”.
Click here for the official notification.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.