Bangalore International Mediation, Arbitration, and Conciliation Centre (BIMACC) is a not-for-profit body, with the moto “RESOLVE IN INDIA”, with an objective to promote ADR mechanisms among young legal minds it invites participants from students of Law, ICAI, ICSI and IMCI to the National Essay competition 2018 titled:
“RIGHT TO JUSTICE AND INSTITUTIONAL ADR MECHANISMS”
Terms of Participation
- Participants must be a student of LLB/ICAI/ICSI/IMCI. Co-authorship is not permitted
- The participation fee is Rs. 200/- (non-refundable) only payable by RTGS to the credit of A/c Name: BIMACC, Bank Name: Canara Bank, Bank A/c No.0793101030937, Branch: Nandidurg Road, Bangalore, IFSC Code: CNRB0000793. Receipts will be dispatched to the participants.
- Submissions should be neatly typed in size 12, font Times New Roman, double line space and not exceeding 1,500 words in English Language, including annotations, citations, footnotes and a bibliography. Sources from the internet must be identified clearly.
- The paper must be submitted to BIMACC via email only to [email protected].
- The paper must be accompanied by a covering email providing the participant’s name, age, address, the name of course and institution with ID proof and proof of payment of the entry fee, scanned copy of a passport size photograph, mobile no, and Facetime/Skype ID.
- Submissions to be original. Plagiarism or copying (including the use of concepts, ideas, or content without adequate acknowledgment) would lead to immediate disqualification. All sources and authorities must be acknowledged through footnotes.
- Submitted papers must not have been published previously and must not be offered for publication in any other medium until the winners are announced.
- All submissions must conform to a uniform style of citation.
- Submission emails should be sent with the subject line as: BIMACC National ADR Essay Competition 2018 Author_LastName_FirstName.
- No submissions shall be entertained if received after 11:59 PM,
9th March 2018. March 12, 2018.
- The essay will be evaluated by eminent jurists and the top three essays will be selected if necessary the jury will have the right to call the participant for an interaction over the phone/facetime/skype.
- The Registry will inform the top three winners and the prize will be awarded in a function that will be held in Bangalore. Winners shall make their own arrangements for transport and stay. The date of the event will be informed to the winners.
- The criterion and manner of such evaluation will be at the sole discretion of the members of the Jury and BIMACC.
- The decision of the Jury will be final and binding on all participants. The Jury and BIMACC will not be required to justify its evaluation of participants or provide reasons for its decisions for any reasons whatsoever.
- Once the paper is selected for the prize, the winners would be deemed to have assigned to BIMACC irrevocably, exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license to publish, reproduce, modify, and translate the papers or any derivative works thereof.
- In the event, the winners decide to publish the paper in substantially the same form in another publication (whether online or otherwise), the Applicant shall seek the prior permission of BIMACC before doing so.
- BIMACC may amend or vary the terms of participation without prior notice at any time.
- By submitting their paper for consideration, participants agree to these terms and conditions, irrespective of their confirmation or lack thereof in their covering email.
- The participants shall indemnify and keep BIMACC indemnified from any third party claims/cost/litigation, alleging infringement of Intellectual Property Rights with respect to the paper submitted.
- Co-authorship is not permitted
- 1st Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 7,500/-
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 8105874004/ 6360983248