About the Institution
Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be) University’s New Law College, established in 1978, is a premier institute of international excellence in the field of legal education. It is one of the constituent units of Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune. It is recognized by Bar Council of India & University Grants Commission. The college is Re-Accredited with “A+” Grade by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (3rd Cycle).
About the Conference
Bharati Vidyapeeth (deemed to be) University, New Law College is organizing a One-day Online Conference on Protection of Animal Rights in the Indian Legal System. In light of some recent events that have affected the masses all over the world, a growing concern has arisen over the protection of animals too.
It has been seen how animals have faced the brunt of the major climate changes, be it the constant deforestation over the years or natural calamities or most recently the COVID-19 pandemic. Animals and their plight have been one of the least addressed issues. In the light thereof, we at Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), NLC aim to carry out effective steps by initiating such activities in order to help the animal community.
The present conference aims to invite academic work on the same and the selected papers will be published in a Special Edition of the Bharati Law Review, Volume VIII April-June Issue, 2020.
Protection of Animal Rights under the Indian Legal System
- Habitat loss and climate change
- The legality and morality of Zoological Parks
- Property status of feral animals in India
- Poaching of endangered species and parallel economy
- Irresponsible and uncontrolled breeding of animals
- Use of animals for entertainment
- Protecting the marine ecosystem against rapid industrialization around water bodies
- International legal approaches towards Zoophilia
- Covid-19 and Animals
- Natural Disasters and Animals
- Articles are welcomed from students, academicians and law professionals.
- Abstracts with maximum of 300 words need to be submitted at paperpresentation.nlc[at]gmail.com and blr[at]bvpnlcpune.org on or before 8th June 2020.
- After selection of Abstracts, authors shall be made to sign the Copyright Form and submit along with their manuscripts.
- A total of 15 abstracts shall be selected from the various submissions for publication and presentation.
- Only selected Abstracts shall be given intimation on or before 16th June 2020.
- The abstract shall be original and unpublished with an appropriate title.
- The full names of all the author(s) must be given in a separate cover letter.
- The Paper Presentation shall take place on an Online Forum. Each author shall be given 10 minutes to present his/her paper.
- Guidelines of paper submission shall be shared with the participants once their paper is selected.
- There is no Registration/Processing Fee.
- Last date for submission of Abstract: 8th June 2020
- Intimation of Selection of Abstract: 15th June 2020
- Last Date for submission of Full Paper: 26th June 2020
- Date of Paper Presentation: 30th June 2020
Faculty Coordinator: Ms. Anwesha Pathak, Asst. Professor, Faculty Coordinator: Moot Court Society, New Law College, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed to be University, Pune.
Email Id: anweshapathak[at]nlc.bvdu.in
E-mail ID: connectprakhar1807[at]gmail.com
Mobile Number: 8806599256
E-mail ID: rishabh[at]lexglaze.com
Mobile Number: 8668388330
You might be interested in the following: International Virtual Conference on Law and Justice by IFFRAA
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.