The Bharat Petroleum legal team is responsible for Legal & Compliance functions and plays a crucial role in driving the legal vision of the company, often in advisory capacity to all the businesses and support functions. As a pillar steering the legal function across the Corporation, opportunities are ripe in this field for ambitious professionals looking for challenging roles, handling complex situations relating to strategy and anchoring end-to-end services in cases.
Essential educational qualifications
Bachelor/ Post-Graduate degree in Law (BL/LLB/LLM or equivalent) from recognized university by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of enrolment as an Advocate, with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent in the aggregate of all semesters/years (relaxed to 50% for candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PWD categories)
Key challenges and expectations
As a Legal professional, you will be responsible for interpreting, handling and adding value to all legal matters related to the Corporation. You will also be responsible for building up strategy, drafting pleadings, affidavits, documents, appearing in legal proceedings and giving advice to various departments.
Applicant should have the ability to work with limited supervision in a computerized environment. As a qualified and experienced legal professional, you will provide legal advice and counselling on all official matters.
You are also responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance and correctness of all documents/contracts, Timely submission of all necessary legal paperwork
- Analysis of the actions and decisions of the company in order to identify problem areas, suggest alternative courses of action and mitigate risk as much as possible
- Disseminating knowledge and briefing team of staff members on legal issues, potential liabilities and possible courses of actions. This involves translating complicated legal jargon into language which everyone can understand, as well as taking all possible legal problems into consideration before making any recommendations
Essential work experience
Between 5 and 12 years of experience as an Advocate in a District Court/High court/Supreme Court or as a Law Officer in the Legal Department of a statutory Corporation or in the Legal Department of Central/State Government or in a Private company of repute or as an Associate Partner etc. in a reputed Consultancy providing legal advice Candidates must be conversant inter alia with Transfer of Property Act, Local Tenancy Acts, Contract Act, Constitution of India, Civil Procedure Code, Arbitration Act, Corporate Laws, Criminal Procedure Code, Litigation matters before different Courts, Civil, Consumer and Criminal matters, N.I. Act and other related acts.
Applicant should possess:
- The ability to work with limited supervision in a computerized
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to prepare complex legal documents
- Stay informed about what’s going on at the company
- A deep understanding of the business and the industry
How to apply
Interested & eligible candidates may apply online from 6th June 2018 to 27th June,
2018 at this link under Current Openings from June 6, 18:00 hours.
The last date to apply is June 27, 2018.
For clarifications, write to: email@example.com.
This post was first published on: June 6, 2018