Bengal Law College in association with RostrumLegal is organizing a Two Day National Seminar on Protection of Children from Sexual Offences on February 17 & 18, 2018.
The Seminar Organizing Committee takes pleasure in inviting esteemed members from the academic social and corporate fraternity to participate in the deliberations by submitting research papers (conceptual and empirical) and case studies.
Contributions seeking to expand the frontiers of knowledge surrounding the theme – Protection of Children from Sexual Offences are particularly welcome.
The Official Website of the competition is https://blcseminar.wordpress.com/
Who Can Participate?
Law Students, Faculty Members and Academicians, Legal & Management Practitioners, Consultants, Social Workers, Ph.D. Scholars and students of other disciplines are invited to submit their abstracts/full papers before the said date.
How Can One Participate?
Interested can participate in the seminar deliberations as one of the following.
1. As paper presenter.
2. As participant.
An abstract should not be more than 300 words. It may contain the proposed title of the paper, study rationale, and coverage, objectives, methodology, and significance.
An abstract should accompany 5 keywords. Submit abstract before January 15th, 2018.
Submit abstract via email to [email protected]
Full Paper Submission
The full paper should be less than 3,000 words.
It may have an abstract, 5 keywords, introduction, literature review, study objectives and methodology, analysis & discussion, conclusion, and scope for further study followed by references.
The format is only indicative and the author may customise it to the requirement.
Submit full paper before February 15th, 2018.
Submit full paper via email to [email protected]
The abstracts/ full papers submitted for the possible presentation in the seminar are subject to a blind review process.
The decision of the reviewers will be final and binding.
Acceptance/comments of the reviewers of the abstract/full paper will be communicated to the corresponding author on January 20th, 2018.
Academician: Professor or Associate Professor
Professional: Advocate of the Hon’ble Supreme Court or High Court
Prominent Person: Trustee of an NGO working towards POCSO
1. Add a cover page including the title of the paper, the name of the author(s), designation, the name of the organization/ university/ institution, e-mail address & contact number.
2. Name and details of co-author, if any (limited to two).
3. The paper should be typed in MS Word 2007 format.
4. The sub-heading should be in Font Size 12, Bold and Times New Roman, left aligned. The main text should be in font size 12, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified. All references must be in form of footnotes with font size 10.
5. The length of the abstract should not be more than 300 words and the paper should not exceed 3,000 words (including footnotes). Please note that exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
6. The Standard Indian Legal Citation (SILC) system shall be followed for citations. Please access SILC here.
The best 12 submissions will be published in a Journal listed in the UGC List of Recognized Journals with ISSN.
All the participants will be getting a participation certificate distinguished as the only participant and paper presenter and certificate of publication will be given to the top 12 submissions.
Last date for Abstract Submission: January 15, 2018
Notification of Abstract Selection: January 20, 2018
Last date for Registration: January 25, 2018
Last date for Full Paper Submission: February 15, 2018
E-mail: [email protected]
For further information please click here.
This post was first published on:
28 Dec 2017