BananaIP Counsels through their blog SiNApSE-India’s Leading IP Tracker, are inviting all LLB (3-year & 5-year courses) and LLM students to participate in the SiNApSE Law Student Blog Contest. The objective of this contest is to increase the knowledge base of Intellectual Property and spread IP awareness through students.
An IP blogging contest for students is novel. Tapping on the creativity in fresh minds is one of the best ways to gain varied perspective. A contest, however, is incomplete without Reward and Recognition.
REWARDS & RECOGNITIONS:
1. One First Prize – The Winner* will be awarded a cash prize of INR 5,000/- plus the opportunity to undergo the Winter Internship Program with BananaIP Counsels plus A Biographical Story will be published about the winner on Sinapse.
2. Five Second Prizes – Top Five Bloggers* will be awarded an advance signed (Dr. Kalyan Kankanala) copy of Pirates of Bollywood – the adventurous drama-filled rendering with an educational plot plus A Short Note about each of the top five on Sinapse.
3. Participation Prize – All Active Bloggers* will get a soft copy of a Participation Certificate (Hard copies may be availed of upon request. Each hard copy will be chargeable).
EASY TWO-STEP REGISTRATION & PARTICIPATION PROCESS:
Step 1: Send in your details to email@example.com
Follow the format given here:
1. Name of Participant(s)
2. Name of Institution
3. Course and Year
4. Contact Info (Mobile No./Email ID/Correspondence Address)
Step 2: After Approval and Registration are completed, each student will be required to send their blog posts via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in the following format:
a. Soft copy of submissions should be in MS Word file format (.doc/.docx).
b. Each blog post should contain the appropriate Title (Not more than 10 words).
c. Word limit for each blog post is: 350-400 words (Lower limit) and 650-700 words (Upper limit).
c. One or more Relevant Images for each post must be provided, which will be uploaded along with the post. Each image must be given the Right Attribution (Not just the website but the actual photographer/creator/owner)
d. Image size is to be 678×378 (breadth x height) which can be achieved using software tools like Irfan View.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
1. The Blog competition shall be open to all students pursuing a 3rd or a 5th year LLB Course or the LLM Course from any institution recognised by the Bar Council of India, in India and overseas.
2. Each post must be issues or topics related to Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
3. A minimum of 3 Intellectual Property (IP) related posts are required to qualify for the competition.
4. Plagiarism/Copying of matter is looked upon strictly and will result in the disqualification of the participant.
5. Winners will be chosen based on the following factors:
a. Number of hits from readers/visitors.
b. Number of votes from readers/visitors.
c. Rating from Sinapse Editor, using these parameters: Grammatical Correctness / Minimal or No Typographic Errors / Language / Topic Adherence / Newsworthiness / Overall Quality
6. The Law Student Blog Idol contest opens on the 13th of October, 2014 and comes to a close on the 13th of December, 2014.
7. Blatant copying from sources, even with attribution to the source, is NOT ALLOWED. Please provide only interpretations of any sources you might use.
8. Please provide attribution to all the sources you may use.
Hurry up and Send in your Names!
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.