About the Institute
Symbiosis is a Greek term meaning ‘Living together for the mutual benefit of each other.’ Symbiosis is an educational and cultural center of international standards established in 1971, under the patronage of Dr. S. B. Mujumdar, President & Founder Director. It is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950.
Symbiosis Law School, Pune established in June 1977, was earlier affiliated to the University of Pune and later became a constituent of Symbiosis International University in 2002, with an enhanced degree of autonomy in teaching, learning and research.
Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (Honours): BA. LL.B (Honours) & Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Laws (Honours): BBA. LL.B (Honours)
The candidates seeking admission to Symbiosis Law School, Pune (SLS, Pune) should complete the following procedure:
- It is mandatory to appear for SLAT (Symbiosis Law Admission Test) as a precondition for admission to SLS, Pune.
- Candidate must complete the SLAT (Symbiosis Law Admission Test) online registration process.
- Candidate must pay Rs. 1750/- as a SLAT Registration Fees.
- Candidate must complete the SLS, Pune payment Rs. 1000/- per programme (i.e. B.A. LL.B (Hons.) or/and BB.A. LL.B (Hons.)) while filling the SLAT registration form.
Note: It is mandatory to Register & Pay to both SLAT & SLS Pune. A candidate registered for SLAT and not registered for SLS, Pune by paying above mentioned fees will not be eligible for the next phase of PI-WAT process at SLS, Pune.
For SLAT Registration and other information please visit HERE.
The candidate should have passed XII (10+2) examination from any recognized Board with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for S.C./S.T. candidates). Students who have appeared for their Standard XII final examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply, subject to the submission of passing certificate at the time of the final admission.
After initial assessment through elaborate psychometric tests, assessment and screening process; the students get training, orientation and experiential learning through systematic internships in industry, High Courts, Supreme Court and Non-governmental organizations.
A student can look forward to a meaningful and rewarding career with various options such as Judiciary, Corporate practice, Litigation, Law teaching, Legal Process Outsourcing, and Administrative services.
For full details, click here.
- The total intake is 300 seats [inclusive of 180 seats of BB.A. LL.B (Hons.) and 120 seats of B.A. LL.B (Hons.)].
- Separate Merit Lists for BB.A. LL.B (Hons.) and B.A. LL.B (Hons.) programme will be prepared and published. At the time of SLAT registration, it shall be mandatory for the candidates to clearly indicate the programme to which they wish to apply. A candidate is free to choose BOTH or ANYONE programme.
Note: It is suggested that the candidates who have studied Arts/Social Sciences subjects for their qualifying examination may apply for B.A. LL.B (Hons.) programme. Similarly, those candidates who have studied Commerce/Accounts/Mathematics/Sciences may apply for BB.A LL.B (Hons.) programme. Further, the candidates are also free to make their own choice of selection of the programme depending on their ability, interest and opportunity.
Please note that these two programmes differ only in the First Degree contents (either Humanities OR Business Studies), whereas the law courses are offered in both the programmes are the same. Graduates in both streams are eligible for diverse legal careers and opportunities in Corporate, Litigation, Civil Services, Advocacy, Judiciary, Academics, jobs in International Organizations, International Admissions and others.
Mobile Numbers: +91- 8380020926, 8380020927, 8380020928 (Time: 06.00 am to 11.00 pm)
Landline Numbers: 020- 26551100/07/16/17/18/88 (Time: 09.00 am to 5.00 pm)
Fax Number: 020-26551190
Symbiosis Law School, Pune,
S. No. 227, Plot No. 11, Symbiosis Marg,
Off Rohan Mithila, Viman Nagar, Pune – 411014,
- No capitation is charged for admission to any programme at any institutes of Symbiosis.
- All disputes are subject to Arbitration in Pune jurisdiction only.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.