The Azim Premji University LL.M. in Law and Development seeks to initiate a decisive, novel and meaningful intervention at the intersection of the domains of Law and Development in India. The LL.M. in Law & Development at Azim Premji University is unique in having a law faculty dedicated exclusively to post graduate teaching.
Lawyers have at various points in Indian history been a professional community deeply immersed in progressive social change as:
- the political vanguard of the Indian independence movement;
- protectors of human rights and the constitution in post 1950 India and
- everyday support to the vibrant and independent civil society organizations that are essential for a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society.
The Master’s degree in Law and Development at Azim Premji University aims to remedy these deficits with a postgraduate legal education programme that is:
- empirically grounded, and
- refocuses law and legal education to the ethical resolution of critical public policy problems.
This programme will integrate two distinct approaches to the study of law and legal institutions in India:
- The first is to develop a textured, empirical understanding of how law and legal institutions operate in Indian society.
- The second is to develop the ability to use the law to respond to critical problems in social policy.
To be eligible to apply applicants must possess a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized degree-granting university in India or abroad. As the Bachelor of Laws is in most cases a non-specialist degree, the LL.M. Programme will be open to students with diverse interests in law.
Early Admission: Admission for LL.M. programme in the early admissions window is open now.
Students will be shortlisted based on the rank in the National Entrance Test conducted by Azim Premji University on February 10 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview.
Regular Admission: Applications for the Regular admissions for LL.M. in Law & Development will be open in April 2019. Only candidates who are appearing for CLAT or LSAT India 2019 will be eligible to apply. Candidates will be shortlisted based on their CLAT / LSAT India scores and will be called for a personal interview.
How to apply
Apply online at this page.
Important Dates for Early Admission
|Availability of Online Application Forms||Oct-18|
|Last date for receipt of completed application form||26-Jan-19|
|National Entrance Test||10-Feb-19|
|Announcement of eligible candidates for personal interview||28-Feb-19|
|Personal Interviews||March 2019|
|Commencement of programme||July 2019|
Toll-Free number: 18008432001
For full details, visit the official website link given here.
This post was first published on:
7 Dec 2018
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.