The High Court of Madhya Pradesh, Jabalpur is inviting applications for the position of Law Clerk cum Research Assistant to fill up 32 vacancies.
About HC of MP
The Madhya Pradesh High Court is the High Court of the state of Madhya Pradesh which is located in Jabalpur. It was established as the Nagpur High Court on 2 January 1936 by Letters Patent dated 2 January 1936, issued under Section 108 the Government of India Act, 1935. This Letters Patent continued in force even after the adoption of the constitution of India on 26 January 1950 by virtue of Articles 225 & 372 thereof. The court has a sanctioned judge strength of 53.
About the Opportunity
MP High Court in Jabalpur is now looking to recruit Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistants, on Short Term Contractual Assignment on a consolidated stipend of Rs. 20,000/-pm by Direct Selection.
Number of Vacancies
Duties and Responsibilities
A. Duties and functions related to Court Processes to be Performed by Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant (from 10:00 am. to 1:30 pm, on Court working days and full day for other working Saturdays)
- Being aware of court procedures viz., method of filing of various categories of cases, provisions of law, processing of cases from the stage of filing to disposal including updates of cases and also digitization and elimination thereof as per rules
- Checking of the Final and Motion hearing cause list cases as per instruction of the Registrar (IT) to ensure listing as per Roster/Assignment
- Physical verification of Final Hearing cases to ensure the listing of cases in the weekly list as per the categorization/prioritization of cases in the Listing Scheme
- To examine the cases, which have been covered by any Judgments /Orders, previously passed by Hon’ble Supreme Court/Hon’ble High Court
- To prepare a list of such cases, which have been wrongly updated/ Prioritized/categories/listed and get them dropped from the Cause List for the proper update by the Concerned Dealing Assistants under intimation and approval by the Concerned Registrar (Judicial), so that the error is rectified timely
- To submit a monthly Bench wise report of the Cases, in which Judgments/Orders have been passed by Hon’ble Courts, but the same has not been uploaded in the CMIS
- Other para-legal duties may be assigned by the Registrar General/PrincipaI Registrar (Judicial)/Registrar (Judicial)
B. Duties and functions related to Legal Research in the Hon’ble Court where Law Clerk-Cum-Research Assistant is attached (2:00 p.m. onwards)
- In any matter listed for final hearing before the Court the Law Clerk shall have to read the file in advance and prepare a brief summary of the facts of the case, the final decision of the Court below if any, the reasons thereof enhance their understanding of Court processes including listing, categorization, and prioritization of cases
- Identify facts, issues, and questions that may arise in the course of arguments, or as may be relevant for judgment, Presence in the Court during the hearing of cases, taking notes of arguments and citations
- The Law Clerk must conduct necessary research under the guidance and directions of the Hon’ble Court, in the Judges chamber Library or the High Court Library or through the Internet and must keep themselves abreast with the latest precedents of the Supreme Court and of the High Courts, more particularly of this Court so as to be of maximum assistance to the judge concerned as and when necessary
- Research legal points and principles under the guidance of Hon’ble Judge relevant in the preparation of judgments
- Prepare a summary of Judgments passed by the Hon’ble Judge along with the point of law decided in that particular case, in such a manner, as to be very conveniently retrievable, as and when required in future
- Prepare statistical reports including chronological dates of delivery of judgments
- Maintenance of record of administrative files, if specifically entrusted
- Perform other duties as directed by the Hon’ble Judge or Registrar General or Principal Registrar/Registrar (Judicial)
- He/she must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must be a law graduate (as on the date of appearing at interview) having a Bachelor Degree in Law (including Integrated Degree Course in Law) from any School/ College/ University/Institute established by law in India and recognized by the Bar Council of India for enrolment as an Advocate.
- Candidate studying in the fifth year of the Five-Year Integrated Law Course will also be eligible to apply subject to furnishing proof of acquiring Law qualification at the time of interview for Law Clerk- cum-Research Assistant.
- The candidate must have basic knowledge of computer M.S. Office/Open Office/Ubuntu including retrieval of desired information from various search engines/processes such as Manupatra, SCC Online, LexisNexis, and Westlaw, etc.
The candidate must not be below the age of 18 years and above 30 years as of the last date of receipt of applications.
A certificate will be issued by the Registrar General on successful completion of the term of the assignment.
Examination Fee of High Court shall be Rs. 922.16/- for all candidates as Examination Fees including Rs.722.16/- portal charges of Service Provider per candidate for publication of Advertisement, instructions Inviting online application, conducting Online Exam, generating and preparing the Result, publication of the Result of Online Exam, providing data of applicants, generating sitting plan and Admit Cards for Online Examination.
How to Apply?
- Candidates are required to log on to the website and to click on the ‘Recruitment/Result’ tab, then click on Online Application forms / Admit Cards and then Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistants2021-22. The candidate gets 3 links viz.
- Click on Advertisement/Instructions and read instructions carefully contained in Advertisement /Instructions,
- Thereafter click on the “Registration” link and after filling in the required information candidate will get the User ID and Password on their Registered Mobile No. and E-mail ID to fill up the Application Form.
- Upload signature and recent Colour Photo in the last “Document Upload” tab and after preview the form details click on the “Submit” button and pay the Application Fee.
- Mode of Payment: After completing form details and uploading photo and signature, the candidate can preview the form by clicking on the Preview button then click on Submit button to make the payment by – Debit Card or Internet Banking.
- After making the payment successfully, the candidates are required to take a printout of the Application Form by clicking on the “Print” tab and keep safe with them for further requirements if and when needed.
- Practice/ Mock Test: A Mock test/exam link will be hosted by Service Provider on the official website of M.P. High Court (www.mphc.gov.in) for the candidates, sufficient time prior to the date of actual examination, so that they may get used and feel of the exam and be aware of the steps and system of Online Examination.
- Online Examination: The date and time of examination shall be intimated via notification. Online Examination will be held on the scheduled date and time at one center in district Jabalpur.
- Personal Interview: The candidates who have been declared eligible/successful for appearing in the Personal Interview shall have to submit a print-out of the online application form along with payment status receipt and also a self-attested photocopy of all documents/testimonials relating to their eligibility as shown in the online application form.
- For candidates who have qualified for the interview, their computer proficiency test shall be taken on the same day prior to the Interview.
- After the computer proficiency test of the qualified candidates, an interview shall be conducted. The Interview will carry 30 marks. The interview shall be held in the High Court Campus at Jabalpur and/or its benches at Indore & Gwalior, as the case may be.
- Final selection: Result shall be declared and published in order of Merit. The Result shall be put on the Website of the M.P. High Court.
- Start Date of submission of Application Form: February 26, 2021; 12:00 PM
- Last Date of submission of Application Form: March 18, 2021; 11:55 PM
- Date & Time of Online Examination: to be notified later.
Note: Before Calling for any help read the Advertisement [See, the link at the end of this post] carefully.
- For any help regarding the online application, the candidate may call on Helpline No. 022-61306271.
- For any help regarding Advertisement, the candidate may call on Helpline No. 0761 -2622395.
Note: Candidates are advised to keep checking the website for the online application process to begin.
*The link to the application will be updated on this page as and when the application process begins. Until then, interested candidates must read the Official Advertisement very carefully.
More such Job opportunities that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.