Himalaya Drug Company is seeking an experienced legal professional for the job role of Associate/Senior Associate– Legal, based in Bangalore.
About Himalaya Drug Company
Himalaya Drug Company is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company established by Mohammed Manal in 1930 and based in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. It produces health care products under the name Himalaya Herbal Healthcare whose products include ayurvedic ingredients. It is spread across locations in India, United States, Middle East, Asia, Europe and Oceania, while its products are sold in 106 countries across the world. The company has more than 290 researchers that utilise ayurvedic herbs and minerals.
About the Job Opportunity
Himalaya Drug Company is seeking an experienced legal professional for the job role of Associate/Senior Associate– Legal, with experience in IP Law, Corporate Law, and Contracts Management.
The position is based in Bangalore (Bengaluru), Karnataka.
- Responsible for negotiating, vetting, reviewing and drafting of contracts such as Lease deeds, Franchise Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, General Power of Attorney, Confidential Disclosure Agreement (CDA), Manufacturing Agreements, Distribution Agreements, Service Level Agreements, C&F Agreements, Loan License Agreements and Notices for Breach of Contracts.
- Advising the management on ramification of contracts and work closely along with various stakeholders within the organisation to find solutions, which are practical as well as legally acceptable
Legal Database Management & Standardisation of Contracts
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a database of contracts
- Track the status of the Contracts
- Sensitising the management on complying with the terms of high-value and material contracts.
- Drafting Contracts with a focus on standardising clauses across business relationships
- Managing contract creation, execution, and analysis for the purpose of maximizing financial and operational performance and minimizing risk.
- Key resource for the legal function responsible for handling and advising on high value transactions, such as sale and purchase of real estate assets, asset purchase agreements, share purchase and other transactions which the Company proposes to carry.
- Involved in the supervision of compliances and advisory matters related to Corporate Law, FSSAI/Legal Metrology and Drug & Cosmetics Act.
- Scrutiny of Property Documents Responsible for Scrutiny of Property Documents for proposed Himalaya Stores; maintaining coordination with Local Authorities and Revenue department for tracing the titles of properties and providing opinions to concerned department.
Intellectual Property: Managing and Protecting Trademarks
- Analysing availability of the brand name.
- Arranging for filing and Coordinating for Registration (from inception till grant of certificate)
- Track Renewals.
- Coordination for filing of applications for registration, renewal and Notices of Opposition.
- Initiating appropriate action against violation and infringement like sending notices, filing case etc.
- Facilitating the Disciplinary Enquiry to be held against the charge sheeted employee
- Providing legal support and advice on the disciplinary actions against the employees who have committed misconduct as per the provisions of service rules of the firm.
- Preparing Explanation Letter, Charge sheet cum show cause notice, Enquiry Notice, Suspension Letter Pending Enquiry, Final Show Cause Notice for proposed punishment and Dismissal / Discharge / Termination Order.
- Providing legal support and advice on Legal Notices, dispute, Employee complain/suit Human Resource, General administration, Procurement and offering legal support for Non-Disclosure Agreements, Procurement Contracts, Lease Agreements, drafting reply to Legal Notices
- UG: LLB in Any Specialization
- PG: LLM in Any Specialization
Experience: 3 to 6 years of experience
Bangalore (Bengaluru), Karnataka
Click here for the official information.