Note: Lawctopus is handling recruitments for the Indian Institute of Legal Studies. Please consider this as an original post.
About the organisation
Indian Institute of Legal Studies is a premier law college in Dagapur, Siliguri, West Bengal. It was established in the year 2009. The college is affiliated to the University of North Bengal.
IILS is recognised by the Bar Council of India and under section 2(f) and 12 (b) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
Associate Professor in Law
Also, the teacher should do the following
- Manage their private affairs in a manner consistent with the dignity of their profession.
- Seek to make professional growth continuously through study and research.
- Express free and frank opinion by participation at professional meetings, seminars, conferences, etc towards the contribution of knowledge.
- Maintain active membership of professional organisations and strive to improve education and profession through them.
- Perform their duties in the form of teaching, tutorials, practicals, seminars and research work conscientiously and with dedication.
- Co-operate and assist in carrying out the functions relating to the educational responsibilities of the college and the university.
- Participate in extension, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, including community services.
- Recognise the difference in aptitude and capabilities among students and strive to meet their individual needs.
- Encourage students to improve their attainments, develop their personalities and at the same time contribute to community welfare.
Number of Vacancies
Indian Institute of Legal Studies, Dagapur, P.O. Salbari, Siliguri, Darjeeling, Pin: 734002, West Bengal, India.
- A good academic record, with a PhD Degree in the subject.
- A Master‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2 of the UGC Regulations, 2018.
Experience: A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position.
Pay Scales (as per UGC Scales, 2006).
Associate Professor: Pay Band 37,400 – 67,000 with AGP of 9,000.00 Annual Increment will be @3 %.
The Pay Scale will be revised by the College as and when the revised Pay Scales are introduced by the Government of West Bengal for Government/Aided Universities/Colleges.
How to apply?
To apply, click here.
Deadline: 3rd June 2019.
Update: The post was first published on 2nd May 2019.