About the Organisation
National Law University, Delhi is a law university in India, offering courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Situated in Sector-14, Dwarka, New Delhi, India, NLUD is one of the national law schools in India built on the five-year law degree model proposed and implemented by the Bar Council of India.
Project 39A (hereinafter ‘P39A’) draws inspiration from Article 39-A in the Indian Constitution on equal justice and signals the broadening of our work on the criminal justice system in India.
NLUD undertake litigation, research and outreach relating to forensics, torture, legal aid, forensic psychiatry and death penalty.
The National Law University, Delhi (‘University’) through Project 39A (P39A) is seeking to engage, on a contractual basis, two Associates (Litigation) at its campus in Dwarka, New Delhi.
The contract will be for one year initially and can be extended on an annual basis at the discretion of the University. The Associates will be responsible for working on cases being handled by P39A, primarily concerning prisoners sentenced to death.
- Graduate with an LLB degree.
- Enrolment with any State Bar Council.
- Those with full-time criminal litigation experience of one year or more will be given preference.
- Ability to read/write/speak regional Indian languages will be an advantage but is not mandatory.
Note: These are full-time positions based in Delhi.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be within the range of Rs. 55,000 per month.
Interested persons may send their resumé and a statement of purpose, explaining their interest in working on the issue of death penalty and the contribution that they see themselves making through this position.
The statement of purpose must not exceed 500 words. Please send your resumé and statement of purpose to p39arecruitment[at]nludelhi.ac.in. The subject of the email should be “Project 39A – Application for Associate (Litigation)”.
Please note that the subject line should be exactly the same as mentioned above. Applications will be rejected for non-compliance with this requirement.
Applications must reach us no later than midnight of July 15, 2020, after which the applications will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the latest by July 18-19, 2020.
Here are a few other posts that you might be interested in:
- JOB POST: Teaching Associate at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration: Apply by July 31
- JOB POST: Teaching Positions at University of Calcutta, Senate House, Kolkata: Apply by July 31
- JOB POST: Professor and Associate Professor at BHU, Varanasi [9 Vacancies]: Apply by July 31
- JOB POST: Associate [Litigation] at NLUD’s Project 39A, Delhi: Apply by July 15
- JOB POST: Law Researcher at National Legal Services Authority of India [2 Vacancies]: Apply by July 15
- JOB POST: Law Officer at Office of the Custodian of Enemy Property for India [12 Vacancies]: Apply by July 22
- JOB POST: Law Officer at Nainital Bank Limited: Apply by July 21
- JOB POST: Faculty and Administrative Positions at NUJS, Kolkata [22 Vacancies]: Apply by Aug 31
- JOB POST: Professors at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi [9 Vacancies]: Apply by July 31