About the organisation
The Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) is a national education institution committed to the equitable, sustainable and efficient transformation of Indian settlements.
As part of IIHS’ detailed legal work, they are looking for a candidate to fill the full-time position of Associate – Legal & Regulation for their Delhi office.
The Associate – Legal & Regulation will report to the Head – Legal & Regulation or persons designated by the Head – Legal & Regulation at IIHS, and will collaborate effectively with a diverse group of internal teams and external individuals/organisations, and students
Number of Vacancies
This position is based in Delhi and may entail travel to other locations in India.
They are looking for a bright and enthusiastic lawyer with a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Law and around 2 years of work experience in relevant areas, including preferably, the experience of dealing with legal and regulatory issues in the not-for-profit sector.
Other qualifications required for this role, include:
- Excellent analytical skills and a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills in written English.
- Good communication skills and fluency in Hindi/Kannada (written and spoken).
- Ability to undertake rigorous research on contracts, labour law, taxation law, privacy/date protection legislation, case law, institutional structures and relevant legislative matters, with pronounced evidence of strong drafting and transactional skills.
- Ability to understand the law in contexts and propose iterative solutions.
- Ability to assist with litigation related matters.
- Ability to work in a highly interdisciplinary team and under strict and frequent deadlines.
- Professional experience in dealing with Government agencies/entities.
This offer is on an exclusive basis, which implies that other professional assignments (whether compensated or not) that bear a potential conflict of interest with IIHS cannot be undertaken.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
How to apply?
If you are interested to explore this opportunity, please fill the online application form by clicking here. (You can also click on the “Apply Now” button at the end of the Job Description displayed on the website).
Please write to hr[at]iihs.co.in if you need any clarifications while filling the online application form.