The Walt Disney Company is seeking an Associate Principal Counsel to join their Legal team in Mumbai. You will be the lead legal support for the business teams across either content acquisition and production, or distribution. Leading a team of lawyers you will support clients by providing timely legal advice and leadership on IPR, contractual and contentious issues to the team.
- Drafting and advising on transactions and regulatory matters
- Managing the team of lawyers supporting the aforementioned business teams and the standards & practices team
- Risk mitigation
- Providing guidance on contentious issues; liaising with external counsels
Minimum 7 years experience as a qualified lawyer in a law firm or in-house legal department.
Further skills required include:
- Strong knowledge of digital, technology, and distribution platforms and models.
- Ability to identify legal and regulatory risks and propose and implement strategies to manage such risks in a timely and commercial manner.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects of a diverse nature across different business units.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to lead business critical, high value transactions.
- High level of personal credibility and ability to engage with all levels of the business.
- Strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to delegate to, and mentor junior team members.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Hindi, and strong oral communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent legal writing and drafting skills in English.
- LLB from India; LLM, JD, or equivalent qualification
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media.
With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.
To view official notification and apply online, click here.