Law Chambers of Adv. Mr. M. Hossain in Kolkata invites applications for the post of Associate.
Candidates applying for the position must fulfil the following criteria:
- Law Degree from a recognised University in India [minimum 55% aggregate]
- Enrolment with the Bar Council
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Legal Research knowledge & skills (including web-based research & legal database research)
- Proficiency in using computers specifically MS Word, Search Engines
- Internship or Work Experience in Law Chambers/Law Firms/Chambers of Law Counsels
- Must be currently based in Kolkata
- Have a Bank Account and provision to receive NEFT/RTGS/IMPS payments
- PAN Card
- Fluency in spoken Hindi/Bengali
Applicants must exhibit fulfilment of the aforesaid mandatory requirements clearly in their CVs.
Recent Law Graduates are welcome to apply but must have the aforesaid mandatory requirements for their CVs to be considered in the application process.
Additional Preferences (not mandatory)
- LLM Degree or Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Laws from a recognised University
- 0 – 3 years experience in litigation in High Court, NCLT, Consumer Forum, City Court or experience working in a law firm or in chambers of Legal Counsels in either litigation or non-litigation teams
Expected Role in Law Chambers
- Drafting petitions and applications for various legal forums including High Court, NCLT, Consumer Forum, City Court, District Courts, Supreme Court of India
- Drafting notices, agreements, MOU, contracts for various industry sectors including but not limited to laws covering Commercial, Property, Company, IP among others.
- Assisting Senior Associates, Advocates, Senior Counsels during Court cases, arbitration, conferences
- Briefing panel Senior Counsels for Court cases, arbitration, mediation and conferences
- Legal Research including legal databases (SCC Online, Manupatra)
- Web-based research
- Appear as arguing Counsel/ Junior Counsel in cases before various Courts on behalf of the Chamber’s clients
The Litigation & Advisory teams of our Law Chamber work with a range of clients in diverse laws across a number of sectors. The teams work on a broad scope of litigation and non-litigation assignments. The Law Chamber is currently looking to expand the in-house team and the role should suit a bright and enthusiastic Law Associate.
The role should suit someone with excellent people skills who is looking to develop a career within an excellent team that excels in both litigation and advisory work. The successful candidate shall be required to build and maintain effective rapport with existing and new clients and also play an active role in various client development initiatives of the Chambers.
CVs sent by email shall only be considered.
Applicants must send their updated CVs with Passport sized photograph by email.
CVs must be sent either in PDF or MS Word format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be called for interviews.
Please note there are strictly no walk in interviews for candidates or dropping of CV in person.
Law Chambers of Mr. M. Hossain (Advocate)
Temple Chambers, 6, Old Post Office Street, Kolkata – 700001
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.