Startup India is seeking to hire for the job role of Associate/Assistant Manager for Seed and IMB, for its office in Delhi.
About Startup India
Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India, intended to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and Start-Ups in the country that will drive sustainable economic growth and generate large scale employment opportunities.
The Startup India Hub was announced by the Hon`ble PM on 16th January 2016 and became operational on 1st April 2016. The Hub`s mandate is to serve as a single point of contact for the entire Start-Up Ecosystem and enable exchange of knowledge and access to funding.
The Startup India Hub team also provides mass facilitation in the form of a dedicated helpline, email and Twitter queries. Additionally, the team also offers Bespoke/full-fledged facilitation to select Start-Ups which includes Business Plan / Strategic Advisory, Financial Advisory, Government & Regulatory Advisory and assist Startups with coordinating relevant stakeholder meetings in India.
About the Job Opportunity
Startup India is seeking to hire a professional/fresher with 0-4 years of post-qualification experience, for the job role of Associate/Assistant Manager for Seed and IMB, for its office in Delhi.
- Conducting due diligence of startups/ incubators as per defined processes, and support in process enhancement
- Screening of startup and incubator applications and organising regular meetings with highlevel committees and various ministries.
- Data analysis and handling of a large database
- Providing assistance in regulatory aspects of startup recognition and tax exemptions and DPIIT schemes As part of other projects, the Candidate is also expected to
- Handhold startups and Government departments in entrepreneurial subjects to create a conducive startup ecosystem.
- Provide support to DPIIT officials for formulating policies, schemes, measures etc.
- Providing necessary inputs for introducing and implementing new processes in line with the objectives of the Department
- Address ad hoc requests from DPIIT such as preparation of reports, briefs, etc.
- Resolve queries and grievances of startups and other stakeholders in stipulated time The role requires regular travel (short trips) to assist various stakeholders.
- Education Qualification: Bachelor’s or master’s degree (CA / CS / Lawyer from Premier Institute will be preferred)
- Experience: 0-4 years of work experience Consulting Firm / Government Advisory/ Leading corporate will be preferred)
Skills and Competencies Required
- Ability to work in teams and independently take responsibility of delivering key results
- Excellent Research, Communications, and Analytical Skills
- Experience in Policy facilitation, Project Management with the State Govt. or Govt. of India is a plus