SEWA (Self Employed Women’s Association) is seeking to hire for the job role of Assistant Project Coordinator (preferably a female), to work in Ahmedabad.
About the Organisation
Self Employed Women’s Association, SEWA is a Trade union established in the year 1972 by Shri. Ela ben Bhatt.
SEWA was born as a trade union of poor self-employed women in 1972, in the city of Ahmedabad, Gujarat. It grew out of the Women’s Wing of the Textile Labour Association, TLA, India’s oldest and largest union of textile workers founded in 1920 by Anasuya Sarabhai and Mahatma Gandhi. The original purpose of the Women’s Wing was to provide training in sewing, spinning, knitting, embroidery, and other welfare activities to the wives and daughters of mill workers.
About the Job Opportunity
SEWA is seeking to hire for the job role of Assistant Project Coordinator, preferably a female and from Ahmedabad or one who is ready to work in Ahmedabad.
She will need to work on programs from planning, conducting activities, Monitoring, evaluation and finances pertaining to this program.
Number of Vacancies
3 (Three) +
- The candidate is required to handle the projects individually which includes planning, implementing, monitoring, reporting as well as representing the activities as well as the financial part of the project.
- She should be able to negotiate effectively with the funders and stakeholders.
- It is very important that she is able to do fieldwork, coordinate with the grassroots leaders and workers and work in teamwork with them.
- She should have the willingness to travel locally, nationally as well as internationally if required.
- Preferably a Post-Graduate either in Commerce, Labour Laws and Social Science with the maturity and willingness to work at grass roots level.
- Computer knowledge is Must.
- Language fluency of reading, writing and speaking in English is a must and working knowledge of Gujarati is required.
- Age group 25 to 40 years.
Interested candidates must apply through email.
SEWA would like to receive the CV by email, these will be processed and sorted by their Admin department and interviews will be conducted in person.
7-10 days from the date of posting
- Rashim Bedi
- Contact Number: 9924300954
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Lalita Vala
- Contact Number: 9825783340
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com