National Essay Competition’s results are here.
About the organisation
ASHA AKANKSHA FOUNDATION is a non-governmental organisation established in the year 2013 working for the education and spreading awareness in the society. Free education, craft classes, dance classes, menstrual hygiene camps etc. have been organised along with creating awareness on the various issues. National Essay Writing Competition is being organised in association with CSR Research Foundation to enhance writing skills among the students and draw attention towards important issues of the Society.
1. Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
2. General Women, Peace and security
3. Justice, Rule of Law and Reforms for women
4. Women and Child Rights
5. Progress of women legislation and laws in India
6. Judicial activism: Analysis of developments made by the Supreme Court
All the essays would be judged anonymously by experts. The first, second and third place holders shall be conferred with Cash Prize and Certificate of Merit. All the remaining candidates shall receive a Certificate of Participation.
- Competition is open for College and University Students
- For Undergraduates, Postgraduates & Research Scholars of all Courses/Streams
- A candidate is eligible to submit only one entry.
- Co-authorship is not permitted.
- More than one entry from the same college is permitted.
Registration Fee: No Fee
Last Date of registration: 15th March 2019
Last date of Submission: 20th March 2019
Register online at this form.
Submit your entries to [email protected]gmail.com.
- Candidates shall send a signed copy (scanned) of the declaration form (provided) along with the essay and cover letter.
- Any entry not adhering to registration rules shall not be entertained.
- The completed Essay along with Abstract, Covering Letter and Declaration Form shall be submitted by the candidate in the form of a soft copy (MS Word Format) to [email protected] with the subject of the email as: “Entry for National Essay Writing Competition” on or before March 20th 2019 [11:59 pm].
- The completed essay along with abstract, covering letter and signed declaration form shall be sent by email to [email protected] and the subject of the email while submitting abstract should be “Abstract Submission” and for final essay “Entry for National Essay Writing Competition”.
- A cover letter shall be made as a separate document in MS Word format and separately attached as a file in the e-mail along with the completed essay which shall consist of details mentioned below:
- Full name and address of the Candidate
- Name and full address of the Law school/ university
- Theme selected for the essay
- E- mail of the candidate
- All completed essays shall be submitted in MS Word format and PDF format.
- The word limit of the abstract is 250 words, and the completed essay must be in the range of 2500-3000 words inclusive of footnotes (explanatory footnotes are not permitted)
- Font type should be Times New Roman and the font size should be 12pts throughout the text of the essay and 10 pts for the footnotes. Line spacing to be maintained at 1.5 throughout the normal text and 1.0 for the footnotes.
- Only original essays on the given topics that have not been published or have not been accepted for publication should be mailed
Scoring of the Essay
While assessing the document following will constitute the marking scheme:
- Originality and clarity of the content
- Quality of the analysis and research
- Language and structure of the essay
- Suggestions and Recommendation
- All the essays submitted shall be the exclusive property of organizers.
- Organizers shall be free to use the information/views therein in any matter requires
- Organizers decision in deciding the winners shall be final and binding and NO query, correspondence in this regard shall be entertained by organizers.
For any queries, send an email to [email protected]
Click here for official notification.