PCGT or Public Concern for Governance Trust is inviting submissions for its Article Writing Competition, to be submitted by January 31, 2021.
About Public Concern for Governance Trust
Public Concern for Governance Trust (PCGT) is a registered trust founded by Mr. Julio Ribeiro, Dr. R.K. Anand, and late Mr. B.G. Deshmukh to increase public participation and activism towards creating a more transparent and efficient governance system.
About the Competition
In furtherance to its vision and mission, PCGT is organizing it’s first Conclave ever with the theme ‘Unity In Diversity’, to ensure that the spirit of brotherhood and togetherness prevails among the youth of India. With this, the Research Department of PCGT’S Conclave declares its collaboration with Bharat Bhagya Vidhata and hereby invites all budding authors across India to participate.
- Participants may author the article in the language of their choice i.e. in English, Marathi, or Hindi.
- The title page must consist of the date of submission, title of the manuscript along the sub-topic chosen.
- Participants should adhere to a word count of maximum of 4000 words.
- All References, websites, quotations, etc. should be duly acknowledged and cited. Reference links to be added at the end of the article (permissive)
- The ILI pattern (permissive) for footnotes should be followed.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12, and 1.5-line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10, and single line spacing.
- The indent left and right should be 0 cms.
- Paragraph Spacing (before): 0 pt, (after): 8 pts.
- Participants may choose any topic under the broad theme of ‘Unity in Diversity’.
- A few of the Indicative Sub-Themes are as follows:
- Does India have effective laws for ensuring and promoting the cultural integrity of indigenous communities?
- Communal Harmony in a Religiously Diverse Nation. Impact of Caste Reservations on Unity in Diversity.
- Recognition to LGBTQ+ community in Indian Society: How far effective on ensuring unity in gender-based diversity?
- Indian perception of Secularism: An effective ideology for ensuring Unity in Diversity
- Need for respecting ethnic-religious groups.
- Protection for refugees and minority communities in India Or legal provisions for protecting rights of refugees and minority communities
For complete details, click here.
Timeline for the Event
- Release of Topics for Research Paper Competition: 22nd December, 2020
- Release of Topics for Article Writing Competition: 23rd December, 2020
- Final date for submission of Research Papers and Articles: 31st January, 2021
- Date of Declaration of Top-10 Research Papers & Authors qualifying for Final Adjudication Round: 15th February, 2021
- Date of Final Adjudication Round and presentation of Top-10 Research Papers by the qualified authors: 21st February, 2021
- Declaration of final results: 21st February, 2021
Prizes and Awards
- Best Article shall receive cash prize of ₹ 1500/-
- Runner-Up shall receive cash prize of ₹1000/
- Articles deemed meritorious shall be published on Bharat Bhagya Vidhata.
- Top-10 participants shall receive Certificates of Merit out of which Top- 5 participants shall be awarded certificates of special mention.
- Top-2 participants shall be awarded internship opportunities.
- Ms. Shreevidya Nargolkar (HOD): +91 8850309372
- Mr. Rahul Balkrishna: +91 8369074113 / +91 9321492557
- Email ID: pcgt.conclave[at]gmail.com
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.