About the Organizer
Uttaranchal University a university located at Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India near the Indian Military Academy. The institute was established in 2013. It has a Campus Located on NH-72.
About the Competition
Legal Aid Centre, Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University is organising a National Article Writing Competition.
- Top three selected articles will be awarded a certificate of merit and cash prize.
- Top ten articles will be awarded a certificate of merit.
- NOTE: Participation certificate shall be given to all the submissions.
Themes and Issues
Participants can write on the following sub-themes related to “WORLD DEMOCRACY DAY”.
The sub-themes are as follows:
- Role of media as the fourth pillar of democracy.
- Era of Digital Activism and democratic spirit.
- Proactive role of citizens in a democracy.
- Caste politics as an imprecation to democracy.
- Mob Lynching: A Menace to the Democracy.
- Political status of J&K with special reference to Ladakh.
- Democracy and People’s Right to Information: Sneak into RTI Amendment Bill, 2019.
- Need for a strong opposition in a democracy.
- Democracy v Totalitarianism: A suggestive approach.
- Democracy: Empowerment of unprivileged Groups.
Guidelines for submission
- Only one co-author shall be allowed.
- The article shall be accompanied by an abstract of 250-300 words.
- All the entries must be typewritten and in not more than 2000 words inclusive of footnotes.
- The submission must be made only in .doc or .docx format.
The submission should strictly follow the following rules:
- Font – Times New Roman
- Font Size – 12
- Line Spacing – 1.5
- Alignment – Justified
- OSCOLA Quick Reference Guide shall be followed for citation.
- The content should be the original work of the writer and should not have been given to any other competition.
- Plagiarism up to 20% only shall be entertained.
- NOTE – Any submission not adhered to the above mentioned rules shall be disqualified.
Submission Procedure and Important Dates
Google Form link for registration:
For other Universities: CLICK HERE
For Uttaranchal University: CLICK HERE
Paytm and Google Pay Numbers:
Rahul Negi – 9917184072 (Paytm and Google pay)
Sachin Trivedi – 9759988795 (Google pay)
- Last date for Registration – 10th September 2019
- Last date of Article submission – 20th September 2019
All the submissions shall be made to lcdlac[at]uttaranchaluniversity.ac.in on or before 20th September 2019 by 12:00 AM.
The submissions shall be accompanied with a separate cover letter in .docx or .doc format including the following details:
- NAME OF THE PARTICIPANT
- COURSE OF PARTICIPANT
- PHONE NUMBER
- EMAIL ID
- COLLEGE NAME
- For the Professors and PhD aspirants: 500 INR
- For all the UG/PG students: 300 INR
- For the students of Uttaranchal University: 200 INR
Email ID- lcdlac[at]uttaranchaluniversity.ac.in
Shashank Pant: +91 9456191696
Satyajit Gupta: +91 8229887870
Vanshika Sharma: 98vanshi[at]gmail.com
Somendra : +91 6397121645